Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: mussa on June 23, 2006, 03:32:03 PM
Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 23, 2006, 03:24:58 PM
Last week I had dinner at the new Harrisburg branch of Haydn Zugs (a very nice place just outside of Lancaster). Started with a big martini in the upstairs martini bar, and then had a great filet mignon. Very pricey, but it was excellent.

East Pete represent! Don't drink the water. Ever person born in little town is strange.  I don't know one normal person in that town. Never knew Haydn Zugs had another restaurant. :yay

Haydn's On Pine

I'm glad they pay more attention to the food and atmosphere than their web presence. Their website sucks.

ice grillin you

i just read about that joint last week.  thinking of stopping up sometime soon, let me know how it is.

goin for lunch today...will report back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Susquehanna Birder

I've heard of that from friends, and I always wanted to check it out.

I forgot to post that I ate on the Moshulu a few weeks ago. Very good food...but I wasn't real crazy about eating on the slanted deck.

ice grillin you

thats looks cool sus

what is the dress like there

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 09:51:32 AM
next saturday: http://www.ralphsrestaurant.com/

one of my all-time favorite spots

thats where we took Hbionic on his first trip to Philly years back. 

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 03, 2006, 10:28:13 AM
thats looks cool sus

what is the dress like there

I wore khakis and a nice button-down shirt. I had a tie in my pocket just in case, but I didn't need it.

Here's a pic I took with my phone:

Sgt PSN

One of the worst things about Jacksonville, NC is the resturants.......or lack there of.  This is what I call a 'strip mall town.'  Nothing but strip malls with chain stores and chain resturants.  For a night of fine dining in the immediate area I have my choice between Applebee's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Chili's, etc, etc.  And dispite living on the coast, there are very few true seafood joints around here that offer a decent selection.  This place sucks.  :boo

PoopyfaceMcGee

Jacksonville is the town the NC coast forgot.

Sgt PSN

People in Afghanistan would think this place is a dump. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

Went to Morton's last week.  Typically great experience...but, man, you pay for it.  $240 for me and the wife.

Cerevant

Since it seems that the subjects of this thread are not limited geographically...

Peterborough Ontario is pretty much a nothing town in the middle of nowhere (anyone remember the Flyers coming here for training camp in the Roger Neilson days?).  However, it is a tourist area in the summertime, and sports some fantastic eats:

Cosmic Charlie's - Authentic Thai Cuisine - try the spicy Thai noodles.

Hot Belly Mama's - Cajun and southern cuisine, gotta love sweet potato fries & local microbrew on tap.  Shares the kitchen with The Old Stone Brew Pub next door, for some decent pub grub.

St. Veronus - Belgian Pub, has 6 Belgian imports on tap, along with their 3 page beer menu.  Food is rich, but good.

Elements - High end gourmet, fantastic wine list.  Pricey, but worth it.

While I was relocating, the company was paying all my expenses...for 90 days...including meals.  Yeah, I put a few pounds on...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

ice grillin you

tons of nhl'ers are from peterbourough

steve larmer def is and i think bob gainey too or was he from kingston

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 24, 2006, 10:26:47 AM
i just read about that joint last week.  thinking of stopping up sometime soon, let me know how it is.

goin for lunch today...will report back

so how was it?