Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: NGM on April 01, 2006, 01:15:09 PM
What exactly is a Brazilian Steakhouse? 

They are also known as Churrascarias. It's the best place in the world if you are a low carb, high protein kind of eater. There are basically a bunch of waiters who wander around the place with grilled meats on spits (sp?). They stop by and ask you if you want some, and you take all you want. Kind of like a buffet. You pay one price, plus drinks. There is normally a little bar that has things like salad, vegetables, rice, etc. that you can hit up all you want as well. They are normally pretty good when washing it all down with loads of beer. Nothing goes like an overload of grilled beef, pork, chicken, etc. and ice cold beer. That said, there is a franchise in the Northen Virginia area called "Malibu Grill" that is terrible. Avoid it like the plague.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

MURP

Quote from: NGM on April 01, 2006, 01:15:09 PM
What exactly is a Brazilian Steakhouse? 

where the waitresses have a penis.

General_Failure

I thought it was where they waxed all the hair off the steak before they served it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

Quote from: General_Failure on April 01, 2006, 07:36:48 PM
I thought it was where they waxed all the hair off the steak before they served it.

I just got a boner.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger for lunch today.  Despite the ghey name, the burger was damn good, as were the fries, onion rings, and milkshake.  farging tasty.

Tomahawk

There's a Mexican restaurant in town that I'm sure is fully staffed by illegal emigrants called Jalepeno's. Not only does that lend to the authenticity, but the food is also tasty and cheap. And they have Sol beer.

For the first time in my long long life, I ate at Denny's while sober, and before 4:00 AM (or I guess it was after, whatever. It was in the middle of the afternoon).  Needless to say, that was the worst idea of my life.

ice grillin you

ate at the best mexican rest of my life tonight...blt borritos and $1 natural lights....recognize son
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you ever go to Myrtle Beach - two places you must go:

Parson's Table (actually in Little River, just north) - kick-ass prime rib
Umberto's (at Barefoot Landing) - Osso Buco and Rigatoni alla vodka were both incredible.

P.S.  There is a bar called "Varsity" right across the street from Parson's Table that has two huge Eagles banners right above the doorway, including one that says "Home of the Philadelphia Eagles" - anyone ever been there for a game?

ice grillin you

this spot just opened at university of maryland

interesting....im gonna have to give it a shot

http://www.southstreetsteaks.com/index.php
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Annie Baily's is a new Irish pub in lancaster. Very nice. Had dinner there last night. The bangers and mash was slamming. Authentic Irish grub. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Listen to Denis Leary's blurb on Irish "cuisine".  Ha.

Susquehanna Birder

Last week I had dinner at the new Harrisburg branch of Haydn Zugs (a very nice place just outside of Lancaster). Started with a big martini in the upstairs martini bar, and then had a great filet mignon. Very pricey, but it was excellent.

mussa

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on June 23, 2006, 03:24:58 PM
Last week I had dinner at the new Harrisburg branch of Haydn Zugs (a very nice place just outside of Lancaster). Started with a big martini in the upstairs martini bar, and then had a great filet mignon. Very pricey, but it was excellent.

East Pete represent! Don't drink the water. Ever person born in little town is strange.  I don't know one normal person in that town. Never knew Haydn Zugs had another restaurant. :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 23, 2006, 01:02:04 PM
this spot just opened at university of maryland

interesting....im gonna have to give it a shot

http://www.southstreetsteaks.com/index.php

i just read about that joint last week.  thinking of stopping up sometime soon, let me know how it is.