Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phillymic2000

From fightnews:

QuoteTrinidad-Winky is official!
Promoter Don King has officially announced Felix Trindad vs. Winky Wright. The bout will take place May 14 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and will be available on HBO Pay-Per-View. The match will be fought at 160 pounds. "It wasn't easy to get this deal done—in fact it was quite difficult, but I persevered and my never-say-die attitude prevailed," King said. "Whenever two great champions are asked to step into the ring against one another, a great deal of consideration takes place on both sides. I knew it was simply a matter of time before I would get this deal done because in the end both Tito and Winky like to fight, and these are boxers who just don't walk away from a challenge. This is going to be a must-see fan's fight and a great event."

come winky beat the living crap out of this tool. :chair :chair

RomeyRome

I can't wait for that fight!  Great news.  :yay  Winky Winky vs. Viva La Trinidad

You wanna talk about a tool--
QuoteNaz planning comeback!
Former featherweight champion "Prince" Naseem Hamed claims he is planning to return to the ring in 2005. Hamed, who has been idle since May 2002, told the Sheffield Star "I've not said anything publicly until now but I'm planning to fight again in the summer. We've not selected my opponent but the fight will take place in the Middle East and that's definite."

MURP

I hope Winky knocks Trinidad the farg out.

RomeyRome

Why is there so much hostility towards Trinidad?  Is he a nice guy, a decent human being or something?  I could see people on this board hating him for that.  :D

MURP

how about because Im a Bernard Hopkins fan.  simple enough NB?

RomeyRome

Quote from: MURP on January 28, 2005, 05:37:47 PM
how about because Im a Bernard Hopkins fan.  simple enough NB?

Too simple, there has to be more to it.  :D

MDS

The champ is here, the champ is here

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

RomeyRome

QuoteGo Michael Westbrook

:-D  I just saw that MDS.  Jimmy Johnson said it again this week, man is that sad.

BTW, who is that orange X dude?

phillymic2000

Quote from: NB on January 28, 2005, 05:50:17 PM
QuoteGo Michael Westbrook

:-D  I just saw that MDS.  Jimmy Johnson said it again this week, man is that sad.

BTW, who is that orange X dude?

The one and only Executioner Sucka ;D

Trinidad is as real as Sammy Sosa, his dad is a world class prick, and Tito was the chosen until B hop got a hold of him and rocked his world. The guy only survives when people stand in front of him and try and slug it out. Hop worked his a$$ and stuck and moved, and just broke him down round by round. Winky can do the same. I would love to see a Winky Hopkins card, what a great fight that would be...

phillymic2000

From fight news:

QuoteKlitschko-Rahman at MSG?
It looks like WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko will face Hasim Rahman on May 7 at Madison Square Garden. According to the Baltimore Sun, both Klitschko advisor Shelly Finkel and Rahman promoter Don King have named the Garden as the likely site.....Other DKP cards in the works are WBO heavy champ Lamon Brewster vs Andrew Golota with Ricardo Mayorga vs Javier Castillejo on the undercard. That card is planned for April 16 at the FedEx Forum in Memphis.....also on the drawing board is an April 30 card featuring WBA heavyweight champ John Ruiz vs James Toney. A rematch between IBF champ Chris Byrd and Wladimir Klitschko is also almost done.

Yes!! Toney finally gets a shot at a real title... He will beatthe Quiet man worse then RJJ did!! Klit will be Ko'd by THe Rock (as long as he doesn't come in at 255 again) Golota will beat Brewster, and THe other klit will beat Byrd.. Finally some decent bouts in the heavy's

MURP

Gatti/ Leija  was a bore.   I think Jones was at the fight.  hehe

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on January 30, 2005, 07:06:02 PM
Gatti/ Leija  was a bore.   I think Jones was at the fight.  hehe

I thought it was decent but then again Gatti is my favorite fighter.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

phillymic2000

Judah Ko's spinks in the ninth round :o :o There will be a third fight!

NGM

Man!  Was that a good fight?  I totally forgot about it.  Judah is the man.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

phillymic2000

Quote from: New Green Monster on February 06, 2005, 02:10:50 PM
Man!  Was that a good fight?  I totally forgot about it.  Judah is the man.

Yeah it was an exciting, one sided fight. I wouldn't mind seeing  a third fight. Judah just out hustled him, and beat him to the punch.