We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Buckle up. First Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reinfections in US

QuoteA 25-year-old man from Nevada and a 42-year-old man in Virginia experienced second bouts of COVID-19 about 2 months after they tested positive the first time. Gene tests show both men  had two slightly different strains of the virus, suggesting that they  caught the infection twice.

Researchers say these are the first documented cases of COVID-19 reinfection in the U.S. About two dozen other cases of COVID-19 reinfection have been reported around the globe, from Hong Kong, Belgium, the Netherlands, India, and Ecuador.  A third U.S. case, in a 60-year-old in Washington, has been reported but hasn't yet been peer reviewed.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Eagaholic

Eh, we have a lot of new drugs now that instantly cure it and make you feel better than you did 20 years ago.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on October 13, 2020, 12:18:51 PM
Eh, we have a lot of new drugs now that instantly cure it and make you feel better than you did 20 years ago.

^^^^^
so bonkers you cant tell if they are serious or not
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

The spikes are happening as predicted they would in the fall.

KC has hospitals overwhelmed and some have to turn ambulances away.

El Paso has had to walk back openings.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 16, 2020, 11:45:04 PM
The spikes are happening as predicted they would in the fall.

KC has hospitals overwhelmed and some have to turn ambulances away.

El Paso has had to walk back openings.

It is what it is. 

Diomedes

I really don't care, do u?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

The UF head dipshtein who demanded a packed stadium last week has the Covid.

General_Failure

One arrested in threat to kidnap and kill Wichita mayor over COVID-19 mask mandate

QuoteA Wichita man has been arrested on suspicion of threatening to kidnap and kill Wichita Mayor Brandon Whipple over frustrations with the city's mask ordinance, the mayor and police said Friday afternoon.

Meredith Dowty, 59, was booked into Sedgwick County Jail at 6:05 p.m., Friday, booking reports show. Police confirmed he is the suspect and said he could face a charge of criminal threat.

Whipple said he had been read a series of text messages received by another city official that asked about Whipple's address and contained a detailed threat against his life.

The apparent motive was the suspect's opposition to "masks and tyranny," Whipple said.

"He said he was going to kidnap me and slash my throat and he needed my address because I needed to see the hangman — me and everyone who, something about tyranny," Whipple said.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Add Howard Eskin to the list of positives

Said he's got mild symptoms

Diomedes

numbers getting uglier by the day....everything is up..cases, hospitalizations, deaths...

WaPo:

QuoteIn the past week in the U.S....
New daily reported cases rose 14.2%
New daily reported deaths rose 11.9%
Covid-related hospitalizations rose 9.9% Read more

Among reported tests, the positivity rate was 5.8%.

The number of tests reported rose 3.8% from the previous week.

There's an incremental return to "normal," by a millions slight pressures, all premature, and I'm sitting in my house like Bartleby in his offices staring at a wall, saying "I prefer not to."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Highest case count in MD since early August.  Even here, it's creeping up up up.

I just had an invite from a friend whose family we adore.  Wonderful, generous people we very much enjoy visiting.  Outdoor bonfire.  Five families invited.  We had to decline.  No way I can drink beer through a mask.  No way I can keep my kids safe running around a farm with other kids.  I want nothing more than to drink beers and let my kids run free with a gang of other kids...so we'll have yet another weekend inside, at home, with each other.

Just learned that other friends with cool kids, single mom....breast cancer.  How the F can I help her in a pandemic without exposing her family / my family to higher risk, possibly unacceptable risk?  Lady is going to need some help.   In normal times, we'd take her kids for dinners, bike rides, drive them to school, etc.  Now...?

It didn't have to be this way.  Anti-science leaders, I wish death upon every one of them.

General_Failure

Well, here's something to really help that depression set in. https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1320969710209507328