We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on September 14, 2020, 03:25:17 PM
That clip just gets worse and worse. The scripted flu kid, the George Floyd comment...then onto child molestors.

It really is just a cascade of awfulness that gets worse every second.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

PhillyPhreak54

General_Failure

Some Chiefs fans told to quarantine after person at game tests positive for COVID-19

QuoteThe Kansas City Health Department has told 10 fans to quarantine after possibly being exposed to COVID-19 at last week's Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium, health officials announced Thursday.

The fans may have been exposed to a person who attended the game and tested positive for the coronavirus the next day, the health department said. The health department's disease investigation team was activated and tracked down those who had close contact with the person.

I'm sure they'll be fine.

General_Failure

Eagaholic

Eh. A nuclear mass extinction event is so much quicker and easier to put together. Everybody who is anybody joins in. The social event of the season. Hosted by debutante Kim Jong Un.

General_Failure

Not until Moon Base Klept is fully operational.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Had a Doctors appt today, the doc I usually see just had his thyroid removed. He contracted COVID, spent 29 days at Jefferson Hospital on a respirator (longest at their hospital). Thyroid removal was a complication from COVID. He's 62 no other health conditions. 6'0 165 lbs.

Diomedes

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, who, as Republicans do, values money more than all except unborn life, won't stop crowing about the State being under 5% positivity, so he can open everything up and run in 2024.

The f'n scientists, who have no such conflict of interest, are using math math, not Republican math.  They get a much different figure than he does:

Quote from: Baltimore Sun
Hopkins calculates the seven-day positivity rate for Maryland and the other 49 states by determining the percentage of people who test positive for the virus in a weeklong span. Through Tuesday's data, Hopkins had Maryland's seven-day positivity rate at 6.00% for a second straight day, the 24th lowest among states and more than double the 2.95% figure the state itself reported Tuesday.

The two entities calculate positivity differently from each other. While Maryland determines positivity using the percentage of tests conducted that return a positive result, Hopkins uses the people tested, meaning individuals who are tested multiple times, regardless of their results, are counted only once in the university's calculation. Maryland has performed the 27th most tests per capita, according to Hopkins.

Which number do you think is more accurate?  The one that counts every time a test is taken, meaning Lamar Jacksons daily tests all and each count, or the one that counts just that Lamar Jackson has tested negative?

That's a rhetorical question.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Maynard James Keenan on recovering from COVID-19, new Puscifer music and anti-maskers

QuoteQ: What was it like to have your plans for the entire year upended?

A: Well, I'm not a delicate flower. You make the adjustment. "OK, well, we can't do that. So what are we gonna do? Are we just gonna take this opportunity to unplug and kind of step back and reevaluate everything?" It was good. I mean, I was still recovering from having gotten COVID at the end of February. I'm still dealing with the residual effects. But it was ugly. I survived it, but it wasn't pretty. So I definitely had to deal with that.

Q: Wow. I didn't realize you had COVID.

A: Um... yeah. I kind of didn't want to run around screaming it. But it's real. And there's after-effects. I had to go through some major medications to undo the residual effects. Still coughing. There's still lung damage.

Q: Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear that.

A: Several of my friends, too. Very not old people, young people, in shape, runners, who contracted it as well. And they're still dealing with some of the after-effects. I lost a few family members.

Q: Man, I'm so sorry to hear all that. Are you feeling all right now?

A: Well no. I still have the cough. Every other day, I have these coughing fits because my lungs are still damaged at the tips. And I just got over the inflammation that was going on with my wrist and hands. I had an autoimmune attack on my system in the form of, like, a rheumatoid arthritis. Basically, from what I understand, it attacks weird spots and it's random. So that's what I got. That was my prize.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Because it's exactly not crazy?  That is, one could easily guess that states led/populated by Trumpers would end up worse off than others because they don't follow science, but the coronavirus does.  Well, here's a stark visualization that one would be right to guess that.