Dead In 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2020, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Oh man... that's awful. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: phattymatty on January 26, 2020, 02:39:16 PM
Kobe. Wow.

Hopefully it's a hoax but looking like it might be true.

Just announced on the Pro Bowl.  Wow.

Diomedes

Helicopters are not the safest way to fly.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Now they're saying his daughters were with him on it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Well that's far worse than just him. 

My avatar is a pic of a dude who died in a helicopter crash. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Geowhizzer

Quote from: General_Failure on January 26, 2020, 03:19:39 PM
Now they're saying his daughters were with him on it.

Daughter and another teammate and parent.

Tragic, especially for the two teens who never had a chance to fully embrace life.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on January 26, 2020, 03:17:18 PM
Helicopters are not the safest way to fly.

Probably depends on how you measure it. Helicopters are more often doing dangerous things near the ground, like fighting fires, evacuating people, or zigzagging through terrain for tourists. I don't think there's much difference in safety when flying straight-line from helipad to helipad with a trained pilot. A lot safer than driving, I'm sure.

I can't think of too many celebrities who have died in chopper crashes, which is surprising since they are in them quite often. Stevie Ray Vaughan, Colin McRae (who was piloting), Gary Powers (who was piloting), who else?

Diomedes

Quote from: Rome on January 26, 2020, 04:40:53 PMWait, that's not you?

That's Bill Graham.  Great American.

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 26, 2020, 05:05:14 PM.. who else?

Davey Allison, right?  There must be others.  Helicopters are strange.

PhillyPhreak54

Holy shtein. That's farging sad.

Geowhizzer

Now they're saying nine were on the helicopter. 

MDS

am i a bad person if i dont feel anything about this? i mean its a tragedy all these people died, specifically the kids. but like kobe dying and the baseball coach dying and some dude in north philly dying are all the same to me.

maybe the constant violence of the world and non stop mass shootings has sanitized me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

you are a much worse person for feeling the need to tell people you don't care than you are for not caring
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

thats a fair take but all im seeing today is people balling their eyes out and i just dont get it

im dead inside, carry on
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.