Dead In 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2020, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

This got me thinking about deaths/events where you will always remember where you were or what you were doing when you found out. I think this will be one for me.

I thought back and this is what I recall

Challenger explosion - 1st grade class watching the feed
Jerome Brown - flipping through channels and seeing a clip of Reggie crying
Roy Halladay - got a text from a customer while at work
Heath Ledger - walking the strip in Vegas
Philip Seymour Hoffman - putting in SB bets in Vegas at the SuperBook
9/11 - in bed but woken up by a phone call to put the news on - had it on about 10 minutes before the second plane hit
Tupac - just started my senior year and this was a Friday night so we found out after our football game
Columbia explosion - hungover laying on my mom's couch and heard what I thought was artillery practice on the base - but it was the shuttle
Michael Jackson - driving home from dinner with my ex
Harry Kalas - on my way to an appointment and had to cancel and go home

ice grillin you

you deserve to be dead in 2020 for mentioning tupac and not biggie
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I was only mentioning ones where I distinctly remember where I was or what I was doing. Of course I remember when Biggie died but I do not recall what I was doing when I heard.

Geowhizzer

You remember a lot more of those than I do.

Challenger - Lunch line in HS. I was in Freshman Earth and Space Science and my teacher was inconsolable.
Jerome Brown - First summer in Florida (parents had just moved down), summer job at Cheeburger Cheeburger.  Washing dishes for the umpteenth time that day.
Roy Halladay - At school.  Student told me.
9/11 - Standing in the front of my classroom.  Student first told me "a plane hit the WTC," but I didn't believe him.  Verified it at lunch.
Columbia - Driving into a shopping center with my wife, heard it on the radio.  At first I thought they were re-hashing the Challenger until I had listened for a few minutes.
Harry the K - At home, on Spring Break and turned on the TV to catch the game.

Not a death, but I heard about Reagan being shot getting on the school bus to get home.  4th grade.

hunt

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 28, 2020, 12:06:41 PM
I was only mentioning ones where I distinctly remember where I was or what I was doing. Of course I remember when Biggie died but I do not recall what I was doing when I heard.

probably something super white...eating a mayo sammich or somethin'.
8)
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: hunt on January 28, 2020, 12:18:43 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 28, 2020, 12:06:41 PM

probably something super white...eating a mayo sammich or somethin'.
8)

lol high school days...so yeah that could be

SD

I was on CF when Corey Lidle died

QB Eagles

Not so much the huge names, but I've heard about a ton of deaths from this thread. Always a little afraid when I check it that it's going to be a name I give a shtein about.

SD

General_Failure

Bestselling author Mary Higgins Clark, 92.

The man. The myth. The legend.

General_Failure

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

General_Failure