Week 2 - 49ers: A Home Game With Juice. What's That?

Started by MDS, September 12, 2021, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

the last 3 times the 49ers were in philly

- cj breathard in the rain blowout
- ronnie brown pass
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXNjfXbUaQ&ab_channel=SimPull
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The Detmer/Feeley game was something else.

As was the 40-8 game. Loved Charlie Garner!

Don Ho

Ronnie Brown's fumble was precursor to one of the worst days in Philadelphia sports history as cliff Lee blew the 4-0 lead in game 2 of NLDS to Cardinals.  Phils would have been up 2 games to none.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

That 40-8 game probably did more to ensure SF winning the Super Bowl that year and getting Steve Young to Canton than anything else. 

I still remember Young screaming at Seifert on the sidelines over getting the hook.  That was one pissed off Mormon. 

They steamrolled the league after that game.  But for that one game the Eagles pulverized them.

PhillyPhreak54

Stupid TV schedule this week means my area gets HOU vs CLE only in the early slot.

I'll have to stream.

MDS

generally markets avoid competition with the local game if they can...pretty standard

the eagles game to my naked eye looks like its going to the most markets at 1:00 and perhaps overall. not sure why they put burkhardt/olson on tampa/atlanta
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

I've got Merrill on this one. Going to be on the road somewhere around Spokane.

Not a particularly impressive slate of games but some Week 1 bubbles are gonna burst. Let's hope our boys aren't one of them.

Diomedes

Second week running I get the game.  That makes me happy. 

It's a low bar.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Speaking of low bars, what ever happened to TRUCKRATHMAN, the niner dude that used to talk all the shtein on here?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

General_Failure

No idea, I'm just sitting here on google plus waiting for you guys to show up.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

49ers' starting weakside linebacker Dre Greenlaw out for this game and several more with a groin injury.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Just got 2 freebies for Sunday. Honestly can't remember the last game I attended.

Diomedes

Starting LCB Emmanuel Moseley is listed doubtful as well. 

With a head of steam, home field, 49er injuries...only one game of tape for opposition to analyze...you have to like the Eagles chances.