Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

The Dodgers will be throwing a bullpen game in game 5. In a farging elimination game theyre cobbling together arms from the bullpen! Unreal.

These overly analytical Ivy League baseball people are a scourge to the game.

How are you going to farg up a rotation of Scherzer, Urias and Buehler? Oh I know?by getting too cute with pitching and moving guys into roles they aren?t good in.

They deserve to get their asses kicked. $300m payroll and they?re about to get run outta the playoffs.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 21, 2021, 12:50:32 AM

These overly analytical Ivy League baseball people are a scourge to the game.

maybe, and bear with me here, there are finite amount of people who can go 6 innings in a playoff game

the dodgers certainly messed up their arms by using scherz and urias in relief roles but across the sport SP's are going like 3 innings in the playoffs. going from 162 to 60 to 162 hasnt helped but mostly its just so damn hard to navigate lineups when all 9 players have g2g power and hit homers. no more automatic outs like mark lemke you geriatric fossil
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Or, bear with me, pitchers are treated like farging China Dolls, and as a result, are incapable of actually pitching anymore.

MDS

or, bear with me, pitchers have to throw harder in order to get hitters (who are demonstrably better now) out and therefore cant throw as often as they used to and have a higher injury rate because of how unnatural a 98mph pitch is to the human arm

if you want baseball to go back to the happy medium of 1992 you need to both put a mph cap AND ban launch angling. good luck doing that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

That?s all bullshtein.  Whatever, though. 

PhillyPhreak54

Launch angling?  Yeah that can farg itself.

Finite amount of SP? Yes.

Finite amount of SP who can pitch 6 god damn innings? Sure. But you know what? If they didn?t treat them as if they?re China dolls then they would maybe, hear me out, pitch longer.

Maybe, hear me out, if they focused on location and off speed and pitching rather than humping it up there at 101 they?d stick around longer.

Guys are making $20-30m a year and if they pitch 6 they?re hailed as some sort of modern day Bob Gibson. If they actually go nine they?re erecting a wing for the guy in Cooperstown.

Sure I?m old school I guess. But whatever ?school? you are in one universal thing should be is that six innings for a starter is shtein.

Rome

What Phreak said.

PS:  Get the farg off my lawn, icehole.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 21, 2021, 06:26:26 PM
Finite amount of SP who can pitch 6 god damn innings? Sure. But you know what? If they didn?t treat them as if they?re China dolls then they would maybe, hear me out, pitch longer.

kerry wood and mark prior. hell look at tommy greene. have a young pitcher throw too often and it will back fire. teams are this careful because the overwhelming majority of pitchers are indeed fragile little china dolls. your nolan ryans and curt schillings are needles in a haystack.

Maybe, hear me out, if they focused on location and off speed and pitching rather than humping it up there at 101 they?d stick around longer.

lol this is my favorite. you know who focuses on location and off speed? kyle gibson. if you want every starter to be a variation of kyle gibson, location and off speed away.

Guys are making $20-30m a year and if they pitch 6 they?re hailed as some sort of modern day Bob Gibson. If they actually go nine they?re erecting a wing for the guy in Cooperstown.

this is just a tad knee jerk

Sure I?m old school I guess. But whatever ?school? you are in one universal thing should be is that six innings for a starter is shtein.

i dont know what to tell you...its not 1987 anymore. this is the game. its not changing. its a little extreme now because of the pandemic season but teams are always going to be very cautious letting SP's go past 100 pitches/3rd time through the order. thats the way its always going to be. you can accept it or put your MAGA hat on and yell about the way things used to be.

Don Ho

Just got this gut feeling and what the farg do I know but I can really see the Braves blowing this.  I still have visions of all those incredible teams from the 90s and early 2000s with Bobby Cox collapsing every year in the playoffs. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Id actually much rather the braves win than the dodgers

I hate LA so much
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Same here.  I had to rush out for soccer practice this afternoon but I watched the first couple of innings and seeing that stadium half empty for a playoff game, possible elimination game, NLCS, anything can happen, was disgusting. I?m sick of these excuses from LA about traffic, the weather, better things to do, blah blah.  I think 99% of us on this board would give our left testicle to be in the playoffs.  And those clowns that left early for game three and missed that incredible come back are your classic Southern California sports fan douche bags.  Phony as they come.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Whatever happened to Chuggie?

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 21, 2021, 10:01:39 PM
Id actually much rather the braves win than the dodgers

I hate LA so much

the braves refused to put lgbtq in their anti bullying tweet, had a anti vax singer who appeared on tucker carlson do the anthem and moved their stadium away from any black person

but i guess ok

ice grillin you

and LA gangs murder people

pick your poison

I'll take the city that could win 25 titles in a row and no one would know

You are too young to remember this but BEAT LA
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

that was in basketball

ill take MAGA idiots not celebrating