Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

also surprised that they are forcing people into theaters for this Shang-chi movie.  I'd shell out some $$ to stream it but definitely not sitting in a covid factory for a movie.

I mean I'm going to steal it for free anyway but dumb move on their part. at least do both options.

Munson

I think they said 45 days until it's on streaming. I'll be waiting until then unless the numbers take a dive in September somehow
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Shang-chi - It's decent but doesn't have the normal Marvel feel to it. I guess they had to introduce the character into the MCU but it felt more like a Disney animated story. The first post credits scene (there's two) is probably the best part of the movie.

SD

Started watching some horror shtein

Malignant on HBO Max...odd and weird take on a horror film. 2/5

SD

Many Saints of Newark - ehhh...started out decent, drags, huge series twist, then it ends.

[spoiler]Junior having Dickie knocked off for a stupid reason was just kinda meh. Tony's barely in the movie. Thought a better story would have been Harold killing Dickie then Tony killing Harold as revenge. [/spoiler]

MDS

i felt like it was kinda weird tone-wise....like it very much felt like a long pilot episode to a tv show. i feel like theyre going to make more, maybe do something in the 80s with tony hijacking the card game with jackie aprile.

REDACTED having killed dickie made sense to me. really fit the character being a vengeful coward full of rage and jealousy.

the italian girl was outrageous too
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

test pattern - really sad movie but amazingly well down in a non linear gentle way about how a rape affects a couples amazing relationship at the same time exposing institutional malfeasance in texas...this is shatara michelle fords first movie and damn she has a promising future....its a perfect movie

10/10
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

Quoteamazingly well down in a non linear gentle way

shut up

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

Dune was really good.  Pretty faithful to the book, actually.   

Watched in on HBO Max but I?ll go to the theater to see it again.

SD

Quote from: Rome on October 22, 2021, 09:32:15 PM

Never saw the original but wasn?t bad. Definitely looking forward to the sequel. Helluva cast

SD

Trick r Treat - decent Halloween flick. Wanted more tits

Rome

Quote from: TAFKASD on October 22, 2021, 10:52:44 PM
Quote from: Rome on October 22, 2021, 09:32:15 PM

Never saw the original but wasn?t bad. Definitely looking forward to the sequel. Helluva cast

The original was cheesy as hell but it wasn?t bad.  This was way better.  The cast was ridiculous.  I heard Javier Bardem?s voice in one scene and then realized it was him later.   Rebecca Ferguson was great too.

I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.  They really have to do a sequel, though. 

Hopefully they will.

SD

I don?t know much about the book but there?s definitely going to be a sequel because they?re setting up Paul to be a messiah and they teased Zendaya and him in every vision. Zendaya gets hotter every time she?s on screen. #town

Edit: looks like they?re doing a trilogy which makes sense
QuoteVilleneuve said at the Venice Film Festival before the film's debut that he is planning a trilogy, with two films being based on the first novel and the third film being based on Dune Messiah.

I love hbomax but I wonder how much money they lose at the box office because it?s already on a pay site. I guess they calculate times watched on hbomax into the figures?not sure how that works.

Daughter and I got opening night tickets for the Eternals. Supposedly this film is much different than other Marvel films.

MDS

Quote from: TAFKASD on October 23, 2021, 09:57:17 AM
I love hbomax but I wonder how much money they lose at the box office because it?s already on a pay site. I guess they calculate times watched on hbomax into the figures?not sure how that works.

they lose a lot of money now but the hope and the long play is to create lifelong hbomax customers. they might not continue this release schedule...eventually things will go back to the way they were....but by then people will have subscribed for a while to the product, will like it, and will keep it

its a pretty dumb gambit all in all but hey not my problem

take the sopranos movie. it cost 50 mil, made 10ish back at the box office, had 1 million views on the app, led to a resurgence in sopranos tv show binges and has led to them wanting to make more sopranos content. is this profitable? what does this mean? i have no idea
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.