The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ovie scored two goals in regulation and then after he scored in the shootout the caps fans started throwing hats on the ice
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Lets talk about San Jose some more. 

http://deadspin.com/tomas-hertl-is-your-new-favorite-hockey-player-1442894023

Yeah, so just because I don't like hockey doesn't mean that every now and then I'm not impressed with things some of these guys do.  19 yr old kid scores 4 goals in a game and the 4th one is one of the sickest goals I've ever seen.  Maybe there's been better ones before that I don't know about, but the skill it took to do that is ridiculous.

ice grillin you

QuoteAfter Tomas Hertl scored his goal of the year with a between-the-legs shot, some stuffed-shirt hockey idiots got all up in arms about how disrespectful the whole thing was. Fear the Fin tipped us off to this incredible quote by Joe Thornton, as reported by The Province:

Hearing a question to Marleau about Hertl and whether he was showboating, Thornton said:
"Shut up, have you ever played the game?"
When the press turned his way, he then added:
"I'd have my cork out if I scored four goals. I'd have my cork out, stroking it."

BigEd76

Vanek to the Islanders for Matt Moulson, 2014 #1 and 2015 #2

BigEd76

Varlamov turned himself in to police....domestic violence, maybe kidnapping too

BigEd76

-- Rinne has an E.Coli infection in his hip and he's out another 6-8 weeks

-- Blackhawk fans steal a Jet's helmet and pour beer on him

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

Stamkos may have broken his right leg crashing into a goalpost this afternoon.  farging Boston

BigEd76

A big shakeup in Buffalo:  LaFontaine is back with the club as president, the GM and head coach are out, and Ted Nolan might be back to replace Rolston

BigEd76

Rogers Sportsnet signed a 12-year deal to become the exclusive English home for the NHL in Canada (with an exception given to CBC for HNIC), so even the Canadian ESPN (TSN) won't have hockey

MDS

i feel like thats huge news in easy's world
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

edwards would have been calling for blood if that was the other way around.  instead he says "we have a situation here"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.