iPod Talk

Started by Beermonkey, July 31, 2006, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

phattymatty

my mp3 player, for the last week, doesn't show up as a drive when i plug it into the usb.  anyone know why this might be?

Zanshin

Have you tried it on another port, and on another computer?  Same result?

phattymatty

actually i figured it out, whenever microsoft did their updates a week or so ago it must have deleted the drivers for it.  which is weird because before that i never even needed to install drivers, just plugged it in and it showed up.  anyway, it works now.

NGM

I am in the market for a new mp3 player and went through and read this thread.  I was basically under the assumption that I had to get an iPod because my mother had bought me an iHome for my birthday, but upon further reading I realized you can hook up any mp3 player with a simple "line in" cord that is provided.  I was wondering what people thought of the other mp3 players they bought. Since it has been awhile, most people should have a good idea about their player's worth.  I was specifically interested in the Sansa which IGY had and whichever one Phreak had.  Any help would be appreciated.

Also, since I have owned two iPods previously, I was wondering how difficult it is to transfer files onto the new mp3  considering all of my music is currently on iTunes. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Wingspan

Quote from: NGM on September 12, 2007, 07:37:11 PM
Also, since I have owned two iPods previously, I was wondering how difficult it is to transfer files onto the new mp3  considering all of my music is currently on iTunes. 

If you bought the files from itunes...then you have to burn them as a music CD and re-rip them in jukebox or whatever....

If you ripped the files yourself, then you can easily convert them to MP3 in the itunes prefs...then you can play them on any other mp3 player
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Geowhizzer

I have a cheap 2GB Sansa player.  Works fine for me.

PhillyGirl

Has anyone here used SharePod to get your music off of your iPod and onto your computer if/when you've lost all of your music on your PC?

I have to use it but the problem is....I can't figure out how to get the iPod connected and NOT bringing up iTunes.  ???
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Can't you just uninstall iTunes and then re-install it?

Wingspan

How did you lose all the files off of the PC?
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

Put it this way, I have NOT used my iPod for anything other than whats on it for like 2 years. That was when my old laptop crashed and my entire music library was corrupted and lost.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

trying that now Rome...its a process I didn't really want to have to do.

Wingspan

If you manually managed the music on the ipod 2 years ago...then you should be able to just quit itunes, and not eject the ipod.

if you had it synced, you're going to have some trouble.

also, unless you purchased the songs from itunes, then i would just start over anyway.
Connection Problems

Rome

I googled "disable iTunes" and found this:

QuoteFor those who has ever wondered how to stop iTunes from opening when you connect your iPod, here's an easy solution. Now I know this is very self-explanatory, but there are a lot of people out there who don't see or utilize this. After connecting your iPod to your computer, iTunes will open. On the device/ipod page of your iTunes, uncheck the box that says "Open iTunes when iPod is connected". The next time you plug in your iPod, iTunes will no longer open unless you open it up yourself.

Susquehanna Birder

That's why I couldn't find it...I don't have my ipod attached.