iPod Talk

Started by Beermonkey, July 31, 2006, 11:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

And to think, you could have been making $20 at Wal Mart all that time!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

Got here a little late.  Sorry.  The Sansa organizes music largely by the ID tags, rather than the file name. In fact, it really doesn't care about your file structure at all, which took a little getting used to.  At any rate, you'll want to adjust the ID tags, if they're irregular.

And now that 4 gig version is available for under $90 at buy.com, which is a sweet buy.

Father Demon

And you can always find either a 10% off or free shipping coupon for buy.com by just Googling "Buy.com coupon".  They are always available.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Seabiscuit36

My ipod is acting up, and the apple site tells me nothing.  My ipod seems to cut off songs about 30 seconds in or at with about 1 minute left.  Its only a small percentage of my songs but with 3400 songs, its a decent amount.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any solutions?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

ive dealt with apple numerous times with the IPOD.  Ill tell you exactly what they will say..   

first off,  they will say to do the 5 "R's"....

*  1. Reset your iPod.
    * 2. Retry with a different USB port.
    * 3. Restart your computer.
    * 4. Reinstall iPod and iTunes software.
    * 5. Restore your iPod.

go to apple.com/support and find the info on how to do that stuff....

if that doesnt work, your only hope is that it is under warranty.   If it is, call them and go nuts saying your IPOD is farged up.  They will send out a box via DHL and you put your IPOD in there and return it.  They will either fix your IPOD and send it back to you or send you a replacement.   Aagain, that is if it is under warranty.

Quasimoto

I've had the unfortunate luck of my iPod breaking after the warranty expires.  I swear the shtein is only 3 months.  I'm not dealing with it anymore.  I ordered that Toshiba Gigabeat so hopefully it doesn't suck.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 25, 2006, 12:15:58 PM
my brother just explained it to me

you can 'rename' an mp3 file and the title will represent that name in a folder on your hard drive...but the mp3 player itself recognizes the name within the properties of the mp3 file...so what you have to do is right click on the mp3 file and then go into properties and then the summary tab...and thats where you can change the name to show up on the mp3 player how you want

yeah that's what i was trying to explaing last week, i guess it didn't come out right.  i get all my music off of soulseek, and people on there are usually pretty anal about being organized with album and song names so i rarely have a problem with that.

also, i just bought a new sansa at best buy on black friday, they had the 1GB ones for $35.

DH

Im gonna throw a new artist out there...Chris Daughtry.

hes the dude from American Idol who Fuel appartantly wanted to make their new front man. Great CD. American Idol was bound to produce some talent one of these years.

The new Breaking Benjamin CD is also solid.

phattymatty

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 25, 2006, 03:49:32 PM
i just spent the last four hours of my life standardizing my hip-hop mp3's

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/?gp=1164911178

just for today, they're giving away this program called MP3 Tag, it makes it really easy to go and change the properties of all of your MP3s. 

PhillyPhreak54

I got an iriver clix 2gb mp3 player today. It's pretty badass. It has video and picture capabilities.

I am totally new to this and I just downloaded my first two songs onto the thing. So far so good.

Zanshin

I'm looking to upgrade on the standard earbuds that came with my Sansa.  I think I still want to stick with buds, but something with better sound quality, and more comfortable to work out.  Any suggestions?

Diomedes

Spend the money on Bose and you won't regret it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on December 26, 2006, 08:47:25 AM
Spend the money on Bose and you won't regret it.

Absolutely right, Dio. 

It amazes me that people have no problem spending $350 on an 80GB iPod and then turn around and use the crappy $20 earbuds that come with it.   

Dillen

I got a new mp3 player. When I unplug it out of the USB drive, I get an error that says..

QuoteYou have unplugged or ejected without stopping it which can cause your computer to crash and lose valuable data.

Please use the hotplug button in the status bar to safely remove devices before unplugging them.

Can anyone explain what the farg that means?

Seabiscuit36

There is a little symbol on the bar in the right corner with a green arrow.  Click it to disconnect the MP3player otherwise you might corrupt the hard drive
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons