Around the NFL - 2017

Started by Diomedes, February 10, 2017, 07:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

tebow and sam couldnt play in the nfl

TO blew up locker rooms

kaepernick can play in the league and is a good teammate by all accounts...so those are not apt comparisons

again tho this a different argument...i am not saying nor do i think hes blackballed....now if he doesnt have a job in September i will change my opinion but i still think hes on a team come next year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Never said he wasn't a good team mate

You sign him you're signing a distraction. Unless you're the Pats who seem to be immune to distractions you sign him knowing there's a sideshow. Nobody wants to deal with that for a marginal QB.

PhillyPhreak54

I don't care that Tebow kneels. I'll make fun if it and I'll make fun of just about everything but at the root of it he's free to do whatever he wants.

The distraction thing is lazy too IMO. It's only a distraction because teams and PR people allow it to be one.

The same people who have issue with this had an issue with the black lives matter shirts and demonstrations by athletes in the wake of Ferguson.

Why is that?

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on March 21, 2017, 05:29:59 PM
Never said he wasn't a good team mate

you used TO as a comparison...TO was a terrible locker room distraction and unless kaepernick was/is they are totally different situations on every level

i think vick is the fair comparison...both players were not great qb's and committed moral/ethical crimes in the fans eyes (vick obviously committed real crimes too)

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 21, 2017, 05:05:44 PM
he would not affect a teams bottom line even one penny...shtein vick was the starting qb and didnt hurt the eagles and people love dogs more than they hate blacks

I was thinking about Vick the other day when we were going back and forth about this.  Even though their "offenses" are drastically different, bottom line is that both carry bad publicity.  But the reason why it worked for Vick and the Eagles is because (at the time) the Eagles were a very stable organization with an established QB and a strong HC/FO/Owner who could absorb everything.

That's pretty much what Kap needs right now.  Seattle is the first (and really the only) team that comes to mind where Kap could be signed as a backup and the franchise wouldn't suffer.  PacNW is a perfect location for him because it's crazy liberal up there and Carroll is probably the most perfect coach in the NFL for him, both because of his personality and how he relates to players and also because of the offense they run. 

ice grillin you

not one single franchise would suffer financially by signing him...and the notion that one would is ludicrous

the worst thing that could happen is he sucks...but if he plays and hes good the fanbase of every team will love him

racist meatheads are a huge portion of nfl fans but they want their team to win more than they hate black people and they love the nfl more than life itself...no one player is changing that except a pedophile...and im not even sure about that

ray lewis migth have murdered someone....vick was in ivolved in torturing dogs...ben is a rapist...riley cooper a racist...etc etc etc.....these things dont matter

hbionic

I know this has probably been said before, but I'm disappointed that not one of our veterans has stood next to kaep during one of his exercises of his rights.

The fact that he's protesting should be revered because he's showing the world exactly what the flag stands for. But yet, people have limited intellect and perspective and fall in line with the hate mongering. People love knee jerk and shoot first. God forbid they let the emotion settle in and get a clear head again.

All I can say is that at least he's doing something, as trivial as it may seem to you or the country. He's done way more with his protest than I've ever done my whole life for any cause or belief. That's pathetic. Bravo to Kaep, keep it going, people are watching.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MDS

greg hardy is as repulsive a human as theres been in the nfl....he went to the most popular team in the sports....they are doing fine

kap will not even be a distraction. thats such a worthless team to throw out. yea in week 10 before a big game all everyone in the locker room will be thinking about is the back up qb kneeling during a song 15 months ago. 

when he signs with ___ team there will be some immediate hot takes and terrible opinion pieces and some very silly boycott calls but it will all go away relatively quickly even if trump tweets about it.

the bigger question is will woman puncher joe mixon get drafted and lol of course he will bitch had it coming
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on March 21, 2017, 09:52:37 PM
I know this has probably been said before, but I'm disappointed that not one of our veterans has stood next to kaep during one of his exercises of his rights.

they didnt stand next to him but at least a good amount of veterans supported him for that very reason...including that long snapper guy from the seahawks whose name i cant recall...overall i was pleasantly surprised by the amount of public support he got from the military

SD

Poor Kaep, such a victim. Pity party time. Let's all hug. 😢

MDS

nobody is calling him a victim....what we're saying is its stupid to demonize him for it

also i think hes a decent shot to sign with houston or denver, which ever one doesnt wind up with romo
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah who said he was a victim...he doesnt even call himself a victim....but nfl execs hating him and trump spewing maybe the least racially coded thing hes said since becoming a candidate for president last night is sickening....its funny how the manliest men who hate women and bully gays and people with disabilities are the first people to get their panties in a bunch over a piece of cloth

SD

By saying 70% of the league won't sign him because league owners are neanderthal racist bigots who disagree with him is the same as calling him a victim.

ice grillin you

if hes blackballed hes definitely a victim...but i already said i am not ready to go there yet

SD

You did everything but use the term "blackballed" with this post

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2017, 02:23:43 PM
he had 16 td and 4 int last year on a horrid team in a league that has like ten good qb's

there is literally zero chance hes not on a team right now if the league wasnt filled with ignorant neanderthals