Jalen Hurts, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 24, 2020, 08:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Quote from: Diomedes on November 29, 2020, 10:56:18 AM
I hate these plays with Hurts at QB/taking the snap and Carson lined up wide...never once have they thrown to Carson to keep the defense honest...and even if they did he's so f'n slow, can't run a route, etc...he's not even a ghost of a threat...thirty some times they've done this crap and all they are doing is giving the D an extra man for the play

I see that once tonight it's a self induced ice pick to the eyes.  That play is a slap in the face to everyone.  "Hey look folks!  We are using Hurts in this really cool formation that has netted maybe half a yard all season!  And just wait to you see what we have in store for two point conversions! Ya'll happy?"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

QuoteEagles' HC Doug Pederson is naming Jalen Hurts his new starting quarterback and the rookie will start Sunday vs. the New Orleans Saints, sources tell @mortreport and me. Carson Wentz now will back up Hurts.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

General_Failure

Congratulations to Wentz for finally making it through a season physically healthy. He's mentally farged, but baby steps.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Let's Go Russell Wils..., ah, er, ahh I mean Let's Go Jalen Hurts!   Sorry, Howie moment there.

ice grillin you

the jalen hurts era might start and end this week...it's pretty unreal how good the saints d is right now...since October I think? I read they have given up 2 pass td's and had 9 ints
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Saints d is legit

I'm way more interested in this game with Hurts playing. Part is the unknown...part the team got a boost when he came in...part it'll be a nice break from Wentz getting swallowed in the pocket

PhillyPhreak54

Hurts will be able to at least move outside the pocket instead of back pedaling and taking brutal sacks

General_Failure

Morbid curiosity might have gotten me through half this game with Wentz in here. He could easy have had a 7 pick, 9 sack game.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Second QB to rush for 100+ in his first start, after Lamar.

New Orleans D is 4th in the league in sacks this season.  Hurts was not sacked yesterday.

Second QB ever to upset a team on a 9+ win streak in his first start.  The first to do it was Jaws in the last game of the 1975 season, with the Rams, beating the Steelers.  Jaws scored the only TD of the game, on a 2 yard rush.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger