Political Hippo Circle Jerk - America, farg YEAH!

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 11, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

If you could name the Democratic nominee for President in 2008, which would you choose?

Write-ins are encouraged...  I just want to gauge the way things are trending right now.  Odds are the Democratic nominee should win in all likelihood, so the primaries are going to be huge... and are just over a year away.

Buh bye Edwards, hello new thread title!

Adios Hillary.

EDIT on November 4, 10:44pm:  FastFreddie is projecting that the winner of the Presidency is Barack Obama.  Conrgatulations to his supporters, especially the ones that are also Phillies fans.  ATV is still a giant douche inside a turd sandwich.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

rjs246

Anyone but Hilary. Seriously. Other people may be ready for that plastic robotic bitch to be president. I, for one, am not. farg her.

I know very little about Obama, but his reputation is as a centrist, so if that is true, sign me up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

Neither of them. Honestly I cannot think of anyone. Thats a damn shame. I'm registered Democrat, but right now I can only think of one guy and hes a republican, John McCain. 

farg Hillary. Obama has no experience at all and is a first time senator. He's just another well to do silver spoon fed person like none of us. I'd like to see someone with alittle more experience. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Diomedes

I'd vote for McCain before I'd vote for Hillary.  Obama should finish a term in the Senate and learn a few things before he gets too big for his britches.   Guy has a lot going for him, but I don't see how jumping the gun like this is going to help him.

Kerry is dead in the water.  He put the final nail in his political coffin when he flubbed that joke about an incompetent idiot who didn't study getting us stuck in Iraq.

My money is on Al Gore to get the nod.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on December 11, 2006, 01:39:59 PM

Yeah, why is no one talking about him?  Is he still making like he's not going to run?

Philly_Crew

If forced to choose between the two, I would say Obama.

Phanatic

I'm sick of voting for family members and spouses of ex-presidents. Is the talent pool that thin?
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

phattymatty

i know nothing about obama but that being said i would vote for anyone over hillary.

it would be nice to have bill back in town though.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Phanatic on December 11, 2006, 02:02:04 PM
I'm sick of voting for family members and spouses of ex-presidents. Is the talent pool that thin?

Honestly, I don't think anyone that is both truly intelligent and truly insightful would ever want to be in politics at a high level.  So, yes... the talent pool is thin.  The best people wouldn't even consider doing what it takes to succeed in the political arena, IMO.

Phanatic

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 11, 2006, 02:06:17 PM
Quote from: Phanatic on December 11, 2006, 02:02:04 PM

Honestly, I don't think anyone that is both truly intelligent and truly insightful would ever want to be in politics at a high level.  So, yes... the talent pool is thin.  The best people wouldn't even consider doing what it takes to succeed in the political arena, IMO.

After watching diary of a political tourist I think your right about that. The people that are running are freaking crazy for going through that bull shtein. Not to mention putting their families through it.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 11, 2006, 01:45:34 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on December 11, 2006, 01:39:59 PM

Yeah, why is no one talking about him?  Is he still making like he's not going to run?

I voted for him when he ran and would gladly vote for him again.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons