Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 24, 2010, 07:32:59 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2010, 07:17:22 AM
its not awesomely fast foodie like a mcdonalds double cheeseburger

I'm hoping that "awesomely fast foodie" is a backhanded compliment.

McDonalds double cheeseburgers singlehandedly killed my gallbadder. Which is no longer in me... and I don't eat red meat anymore, but those are the one thing I still crave.

Which is a backhanded compliment, I think. 

Eagaholic

Quote from: Diomedes on November 24, 2010, 09:29:46 AM
I hate to been seen agreeing with cousin vigy but no, I don't think "meat wanderer" works for Schmitt.

ok you count, no meat wanderer

DH

shorebird

smeags

i like both the BK and wendy's double cheese but neither are as good as mcd's.

mcdonalds does four things right, their fries - the QP - the double cheese and the sausage mcuffin n egg.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

DH

ill probably be vilified for this, but i dont think theres anything at mcd's that ill slam on my brakes for..

arbys > wendys > bk > white castle > mcds

smeags

mmmm arby's. i could go for a french dip with curlys.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

mcd big breakfast with pancakes rocks. better drink some coffee though.

phattymatty

only thing good at mcdonalds is that sausage and egg mcmuffin. amazing hangover food.

i got one this morning and noticed that a regular hamburger is 1.59 but a double cheeseburger is like 1.19.

ice grillin you

double cheeseburger used to be on the dollar menu then they made it 1.19 and the dollar menu now has something called a mccheese or some shtein like that for a buck....the only difference is that the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese compared to one

its def worth the .19 cents

the hamburger is more because almost no one gets it and the people that do are getting it no matter what and will pay the extra....in other words no one is going into the order with the intent of getting a hamburger and then when they see a cheeseburger for cheaper decide to get one
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 24, 2010, 01:08:06 PM
double cheeseburger used to be on the dollar menu then they made it 1.19 and the dollar menu now has something called a mccheese or some shtein like that for a buck....the only difference is that the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese compared to one

its def worth the .19 cents

the hamburger is more because almost no one gets it and the people that do are getting it no matter what and will pay the extra....in other words no one is going into the order with the intent of getting a hamburger and then when they see a cheeseburger for cheaper decide to get one

The McDouble replaced the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu

Why wouldn't the lactose intolerant hamburger lover just order a McDouble or whatever with no cheese?

Sgt PSN

Mikey D's is good but BK, Hardee's, Jack in the Box, In and Out, Wendy's and pretty much every other burger joint out there makes a better burger.  I'll still tear up a couple McDoubles every now and then because they are good, but there's others out there that are better. 

Also, farg Mikey D's.  A couple weeks ago I ordered a 20 piece McNuggett and asked for honey mustard.  They said they had to charge me an extra $.22 because the honey mustard goes with their chicken selects.  Since when?  BBQ sause, sweet and sour, spicey mustard are all free but now all of a sudden the honey mustard can only be given out with this one specific item otherwise they have to charge you?  Farg off. 

shorebird

BK's double is a buck thirty nine I think, but it's a lot bigger than McD's and flame broiled.

Seabiscuit36

McD's gives me assplosions, farg that junk. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on November 23, 2010, 12:50:47 PM
Quote from: Munson on November 22, 2010, 08:47:53 PM
Food's def good there.

I also was not completely enamored with the beer sampler. I think I liked one out of the 5 they let me try.

The first beer on the sampler was something out of the Michelob Ultra recipe book. Pretty nasty.

Of course, it doesn't help that I was drinking this on Sunday:

How was that? looking to try that one sometime
I tried their "Chateu Jiatau" or whatever it's called last night, and was not a fan. Tasted like a watered down version of the 120 in terms of taste, but same amount of bitterness.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds