A thread to talk about poker

Started by rjs246, November 03, 2005, 10:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

A kick ass disease. And I'm dying of awesome.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Tomahawk

That's good to hear.

That you're dying.

rjs246

I just snorted with laughter. Well struck. Douche.

Let them eat bootstraps.

rjs246

So I played in small $25 tourney last night. 30 people. My buddy was the third or fourth person to bust out and since it was cheap I decided to play stupid and try to lose so I could sit at the cash table and socialize a little. Well, of course, my retarded cards hit and I doubled up three times. (Seriously, I went all in blind, and turned over 10-7 off suit and rivered a straight. I raised with J-9 suited and got reraised all in and called and rivered two pair. Retarded.)

Anyway, I got to the final table (in the mean time my buddy dropped $200 at the cash table in about 45 minutes and left. Nice hanging out with ya!) and finally started playing smart. Big mistake. I pushed some dude all in when I had cowboys. He called with A-5 off suit. Flop is nothing, turn is a 5, river is a 5. He appologized profusely. Idiot. I then flopped trip jacks and had some douche suck out a flush. Ended up in sixth place. Out of the money. 3 hours of poker, no money to show and a buddy who is now $200 light.

I plan on doing this again VERY soon. Possibly tonight in fact. Ha.

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

id rather spend 200 on hookers, booze and coke...at least everyone goes home happy after that.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on November 18, 2005, 10:46:12 AM
id rather spend 200 on hookers, booze and coke...at least everyone goes home happy after that.

How much is an 8 ball going for in your neighborhood, mussa?  And hookers, what kind of money are you paying for services? 

I ask because where I live, $200 for booze, coke, and whores gets you Popov, dirty powder, and as The Jerk says, disease.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

It was all in theory...a horrible theory

i might get away with some bankers club, baking soda, a warm water hand job and possibly the clap.  if im lucky.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Wingspan

i just held AK in an online tourney.

i had 3 Kings with the ace...and got beat by a farging flush that i didnt even see coming. 1 seat from the payout.

i'm an idiot.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You should always see a flush coming.  Many players will play almost any suited cards.

rjs246

QuoteYou should always see a flush coming.  Many players will play almost any suited cards.

The bane of all math-smart poker-players' existence...

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

i played with a couple guys during the Sunday of the championship games.

it was 6 guys, $20 buy-in, winner take all.  i made it to the final three, i got there by knocking a guy out with a terrible beat on the river after he called an all-in bluff.

and in true poker fashion, i'm all in, I had Ace Queen with Queen 4 and 3 on the flop.   the other guy, he stayed in with 10 and 2, unsuited, and even called my all-in, WTF?  next card?  10.  river card?  fargin 10.  unbelievable.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

rjs246

You got nailed by the Brunson. Loser.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

my mom said i'm not a loser, i'm confused.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.