Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Not bad, dude is versitle for sure.

His name always makes me think of a local news anchor - "Time for KVFR News at 6 with Whit Merrifield"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

hes isnt very good, but a low stakes 1 year deal for not my money. gonna be pretty mediocre offensively, good defensively and the versatility is key. can play several positions at a competent level.

all in all its insurance, the same idea behind turnball and aldred. their upper minors are pitiful so they had to buy these types of guys to get them through the year
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

In baseball versatile is code for you arent very good at anything
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

his 2 contract offers were bench guy for the phillies and 2B for a 2nd division team, so thats it right there.

what i will say about him is his first 4 months with toronto were really good, then he hit a wall. maybe less playing time = no wall. also maybe less playing time = never finds a rhythm and hes DFA'ed by july
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Lil guys homie Uncle John offered Yamamoto more money than anyone and he still went to LA

ice grillin you

phillies have two titles in 140 years and still have more titles than theyve had japanese players...both reasons by themselves are enough not to go there

SD

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 21, 2024, 11:20:29 AMphillies have two titles in 140 years and still have more titles than theyve had japanese players...both reasons by themselves are enough not to go there

tad iguchi, so taguchi

koreans: ho chi minh himself chan ho park, the legendary 2 month rental of hyun-so kim (i will venmo someone $.69 if they remember who he was traded for without googling)

4 asians!

PhillyPhreak54

Jeremy Hellickson

Pay me

MDS

they turned jeremy hellickson into jose alvarado. one of dombo's first moves. the more you know.

text me your handle mensa joe

Rome

Cave to the Rockies for straight cash homey. 

Matt Strahm locked and loaded thru '25 with an option for '26. 

WFC, baby. 

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on February 21, 2024, 06:58:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 21, 2024, 11:20:29 AMphillies have two titles in 140 years and still have more titles than theyve had japanese players...both reasons by themselves are enough not to go there

tad iguchi, so taguchi

koreans: ho chi minh himself chan ho park, the legendary 2 month rental of hyun-so kim (i will venmo someone $.69 if they remember who he was traded for without googling)

4 asians!

the next bachlorette is Vietnamese! We're making progress.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

anyone else have a gut feeling the phillies are going to score less than five runs in the braves series?