Soccer

Started by Diomedes, July 09, 2009, 06:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Good to see the upsets continue. Too bad Costa Rica couldn't pull one

Hoping Canada knocks Belgium off

MDS

like dio i love and respect homophobic authoritarian anti democratic shteinholes and am rooting for a saudi arabia/qatar final where rainbow flags and women will be banned

farg you and your respect for people, commie
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

The Canadians had that game - missed a billion chances. Scumbags

Don Ho

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on November 23, 2022, 10:19:07 AM
Almost turned this off because the Japs looked sunk. Then I thought to myself: was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

POTY! :-D :-D :-D :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 23, 2022, 04:13:49 PM
The Canadians had that game - missed a billion chances. Scumbags

Too bad as Canada looked really good (except they couldn't finish).
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

That's what she said - oh!

Rome

Spain's performance against Costa Rica might be one of the most impressive displays of domination I've ever seen. 

They're mesmerizing.

And one other thing... I don't disagree with Dio very often, but he's wrong about Qatar.   Human rights have no boundaries.  Hate has no place in any society worth living in.  But he's right about one thing... I'd never set foot in a place like that even though I live in a place like that.

After all, Florida might as well be Qatar at this moment.

Diomedes

LOL.  You idiots think I'm saying everyone should honor Qatar's values.

I'm saying, you go by choice to a repressive shteinhole and want your liberal western values respected, you are a goddam fool and you get what's coming to you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

Pretty nice to have sports on at 8am thanksgiving day.

And good tournament so far with the Nazis and Nazi sympathizers both losing.

SD

What a weak ass penalty kick call

phattymatty

I would love to see a brawl.  see Ronaldo get punched right in his pretty face.

PhillyPhreak54

Ghana showed out well

But damn I was pulling into the driveway as Ghana scored. By the time I got inside and cracked a beer it was 3-1.

I'd imagine Brazil will murder Serbia

PhillyPhreak54

More offense please. This cup is all about draws and no scoring so far sheesh

ice grillin you

one of you soccer nerds needs to tell me if the complete silence of the tournament is worse this year than ever in the US.  It's never big but I feel like it's not even taking place.  Trust me this is a great thing for me but is it because it's during American sports other than baseball particularly the nfl obviously or is it the disgusting gross morality of it? 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I think it's the time of year mostly.

Mixed in with NCAA FB, Hoops and NFL plus the holiday time.

I like it because it's something on during the day to watch.