Man made global warming is real.

Started by Diomedes, January 23, 2007, 11:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller
QuoteThe Daily Caller is a politically conservative[1][2] news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C., United States. Founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative[3][4] political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller launched on January 11, 2010. In late 2012, it was reported that the site had quadrupled its page view and total audience and had become profitable without ever buying an advertisement for itself.[5]
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

Quotehttp://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/04/130401-global-warming-antarctica-sea-ice-science-environment/

The first two paragraphs of this article:

QuoteAs air and sea temperatures rise, Arctic sea ice is rapidly and uniformly dwindling. In 2012, Arctic sea ice declined so much that the loss "utterly" obliterated the previous record, set in 2007, according to the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center.

As of 2012, the area of Arctic sea ice around the North Pole had shrunk to 1.58 million square miles (4.1 million square kilometers)—the smallest measurement since 1979, when satellite observations began.

Munson

Not to mention it's the lack of land ice that is frightening....sea ice isn't as big a deal.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

No, all is fine!

Look, I get the hate for Gore, but seriously you're argument is we should keep creating more and more carbon?  That's the thing about Climate deniers and the like, they just don't seem to understand they are basically pawns in the global oil market game.  The Koch brothers among others have created this great sense of doubt about the science by buying off god knows how many people over the past 12 years, but just take a look at it from a logical standpoint.  Who does arguing that it doesnt hurt the earth help?  The rich dbags in the energy business.  Little foxnews lemmings follow the lead. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

All of those people...and the founder of Greenpeace.

Seabiscuit36

I agree with him, we're not the Sole reason for Climate Change.  Oh, and your boy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Moore_%28environmentalist%29
QuoteIn 2010, Moore was recruited to represent the Indonesian logging firm Asia Pulp & Paper (APP), a multi-national accused by activist groups of widespread and illegal rainforest clearance practices, although this is strongly disputed by Moore.
QuoteIn 2007 The Guardian reported on his writings for the Royal Society arguing against the theory that mankind was causing global warming, noting his advocacy for the felling of tropical rainforests and the planting of genetically engineered crops.[32] He has expressed his positive views of logging on the Greenspirit website.[33] In 2010, Moore was commissioned by forestry giant Asia Pulp and Paper to report on its logging activity in Indonesia's rainforests, resulting in a glowing review.[34]

But, back to my point.  Do you think its a good thing to do nothing about Pollution?

MDS

it was 7 degress in north texas and 92 in laredo today

it was 80 year during the day and 50 at night

al gore something or other
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Great Lakes are more than 90% covered in ice. Most coverage since 1963. 3rd most ice since they've kept records. The science is 

And lol at the morons protesting the Keystone Pipeline. I'm sure they all walked to the protest and everyone of them owns a cell phone. farging hypocrites.

Diomedes

It snowed today, therefore global warming is not happening.  It's logic!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Great Lakes experiencing extreme weather conditions means global warming isn't happening, even though every paper on climate change says a warmer overall planet leads to extreme weather conditions.

Someone should ask the Aussie's how their summer has been going. Does the fact that they've had record setting heat this summer mean global warming definitely IS happening, since great lakes ice means it definitely isn't happening?

Now I'm just confused.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

SD

Coldest day on record in Philly for march 4th

ice grillin you

warmest year on record for earth
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Totally irrelevant, its Cold out now.