PLAYOFFS

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, December 31, 2006, 10:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phanatic

Plaxico gets away with at least one offensive pass interference call
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 02, 2007, 02:49:45 PM
We know the media is going to be riding the "Saints winning is good healing the people of New Orleans" storyline.

Going into New Orleans is going to be rough. Just like the home opener was down there I suspect.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

Did any of you notice this stroke of management genius from KC's GM?

Quote....Carl Peterson sent the clear message he didn't think the Chiefs would qualify for postseason play when he placed Jason Dunn and Kyle Turley on injured reserve before the Jacksonville game.

<snip>

The Chiefs won't have the services of one of the league's top run-blocking tight ends in a playoff game that likely will hinge on KC's ability to control the clock with Larry Johnson.

<snip>

He placed Dunn, Turley and Rich Scanlon on injured reserve so the Chiefs could elevate practice-squaders Casey Printers, Chris Hannon and William Kershaw to the 53-man roster. By placing Printers, Hannon and Kershaw on the final 53-man roster it protects the Chiefs from an opposing team poaching one of the three players from KC's practice squad this offseason.

Teams are justifiably paranoid about losing their practice-squad players. A couple of years ago, the Chiefs cut guard Ryan Lilja with the hopes they could place him on their practice squad. The Colts scooped up Lilja, and he's been a regular starter in Indy for two years.

The Chiefs said they placed Dunn on IR because doctors won't clear him to play now that they miraculously discovered he has a herniated disk in his back in week 16.

Dunn told me Monday that he's played with the injury for six weeks. When he entered Arrowhead Stadium on Monday for a brief team meeting, Dunn told me he hoped the Chiefs could reverse the decision. When Dunn left Arrowhead, he told me that assistant general manager Denny Thum told him that the Chiefs regretted placing Dunn on IR and they wouldn't have done it if they thought they were going to qualify for the playoffs.

Dunn was visibly disappointed.

"I could play four more games," said Dunn, who admitted he'll undergo surgery this offseason. "I've been playing with it."

Dunn's absence Saturday will place more pressure on Tony Gonzalez and Kris Wilson. Gonzalez will have more blocking responsibility.

Wilson will pull double duty between fullback and tight end. Linemen John Welbourn and Chris Bober will get some time at tight end.

Dunn's absence hamstrings the offensive coaching staff. Dunn has never been a big part of KC's passing game, but he's always been a threat in KC's pass offense. And blocking on the edge against outside linebackers and working up to safeties requires a combination of strength and athletic ability that few offensive linemen possess.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/16363662.htm
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

mike mckenzie (starting saints cb) got into a car accident outside of new orleans and is in the hospital...no idea on the nature or severity of the injuries
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Trent Green's wife could get it.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Quasimoto

Chiefs look like shtein

QB Eagles

Quote from: FFatPatt on December 31, 2006, 10:58:05 PM
First thought - The Colts are ill-equipped to slow down Larry Johnson.

First quarter:

Larry Johnson: 5 rushing attempts, 8 yards.

Seabiscuit36

Law intercepts, Tynes misses the FG
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

Ty Law returns an int off Manning to the 9 yard line, 2 LJ runs get them to the 1, and then on the third down a guard steps on Trent Green's foot during the snap and he goes down.

Tynes misses the 23 yard field goal. Pathetic offensive performance by the Chiefs so far.

QB Eagles

4 straight drives with no first downs for the Chiefs. Tough to imagine them winning the game if things keep going like this.

Wingspan

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 06, 2007, 05:31:19 PM
4 straight drives with no first downs for the Chiefs. Tough to imagine them winning the game if things keep going like this.

yes, i would imagine if the cheifs dont get 1 first down the rest of the game, that it would be incredible tough for them to win   8)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

QB Eagles

Peyton is trying to choke this game away but the Chiefs are too inept to take advantage.

Geowhizzer

I have to say that I am not comfortable with my Suicide League pick right now.

mussa

What a pathetic game. Did not expect a defensive showdown, or is it just a pathetic offensive showdown? Either way this game sucks. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

NGM

Quote from: mussa on January 06, 2007, 06:00:31 PM
What a pathetic game. Did not expect a defensive showdown, or is it just a pathetic offensive showdown? Either way this game sucks. 

Yeah really.  I was pretty pumped for this game, as far as none Eagles games go and it really f'ing sucks.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.