possible cuts from Atlanta, any interest?

Started by dis12, July 27, 2005, 10:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dis12

hmmmm.  Any interest in Dez or Peerless??...especially if McMullen doesn't show any improvement.

Atlanta Camp outlook: Roddy White and second-year man Michael Jenkins might start over WRs Dez White and Peerless Price, who could be cut. There are major concerns in the secondary. from:  http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/12230418.htm

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

PoopyfaceMcGee

No.

Dez White is garbage.  Eagles could have had him a year or two ago if they wanted him.

Peerless will continue to be overpaid.  Other teams need him more and would pay him more.

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'd trade Atlanta Calvin Armstrong for Peerless.

PhillyandBCEagles

I'd definitely take Price if he came cheap.

PhillyPhreak54

Hell no on that.

The only way I'd take Peerless is if he was playign second fiddle to a stud #1 like he did with Moulds in Buffalo. And if he was paid like a #2 and not a #1 like he is now.

I remember a lot of people screaming because the Eagles didn't overpay for him like ATL did and he has turned out to be shtein.

If you're a WR and you're cut from the Falcons - you suck.

Sgt PSN

Price got cut and Brian Finneran (who couldn't crack the Eagles lineup with Johnson, Small and Brown) remains a Falcon.  Therefore, Price < Johnson and/or Small and/or Brown.  :-D

Before he signed with Atlanta, yeah I was interested.  But it's more than obvious that his success was a direct result of playing across from Moulds.  I cringe at the thought of what his stats would look like if he played opposite Pinkston. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Price was likely due a much larger salary than was Finneran.

PhillyandBCEagles

And here he'd be playing opposite TO, at least this season....not to mention Westbrook and Lewis.

MURP

If Price took the Vet minimum and was fine being the Eagles #5 WR than Id say BRING IT ON PRICE!

Zanshin

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Never thought he'd do much as a #1...I was really glad a the time that the Eagles didn't reach for him when he was an overpriced FA.

PhillyandBCEagles

Murp, I agree with you on the money (I'd be wiling to give him a bit more than vet minimum but not much) but why #5??  He's at least better than Pinkston.

Get Peerless, cut Pinkston!

rjs246

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on July 28, 2005, 02:16:00 PM

I don't like Peerless, but this scenerio gives me wood. Sign him for a year, let him play #2. Cut Pinkston. Plug Brown into #2 next year.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on July 28, 2005, 02:16:00 PM

I'd hit that, but only if Reggie Brown has great speed.  Don't want Greggie to be the only deep threat.