Phillies

Started by MDS, March 29, 2018, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Munson

I'd rather sign Machado then go after Trout in two years.

Heard Stark on the radio today say would you rather have Machado/Harper this year or Arenado/Trout next year or whatever. Obviously just a hypoethical but that's a risk
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Why couldn't they go after Trout?  farg that.  They have the dough.  Get. 

Don Ho

shtein they pull any of this shtein off I'll be all "Nick who?  Alshon what?"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

if you sign machado and harper now it pretty much takes you out of the trout running in 2 years...thats like 90 mil+ tied up in 3 players, which isnt even feasible

trout is really the only superstar who would want to sign here. hes a weirdo who likes dumpy jersey diners and the eagles.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1085587294730502147

I mean, shtein if this is true....why not just throw 8 years and 200 mil at him? That leaves more than enough room to make a run at Trout in 2 years.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25797148/kris-bryant-chicago-cubs-frustrated-unsigned-bryce-harper-manny-machado

Funny stuff considering it's their own fault for not signing already.  Teams aren't willing to back up the armored trucks and dump loads of cash anymore, mostly because they can't.   A few can but most of them are already tied up.   That's limited their choices.  It's basic economics at work. 

But sure, blame the teams for refusing to be extorted because that's productive. 

Also - Winter Storm Harper is about to unload on the northeast.  Coincidence?   😆

ice grillin you

I'm not sure what constitutes an armored truck but Harper has already been offered at least 300 million

the loser in all this is going to be whatever teams who have been in the mix that don't get one of these guys

I can't even imagine the embarrassment for the white sox or Phillies if either organization whiffs on both
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I notice he didn't actually take it.  I'm thinking maybe that was Borashtein?

ice grillin you

boras went into the whole thing with the intention of getting the biggest contract of all time so yes

Rome

Boras could still swindle someone into giving Brycie his dough, but it sure looks more probable he'll end up getting the highest AAV for a shorter term.  That would be ideal for the Phillies because they have the most room and the most to give. 

MDS

the white sox are in the fake sweepstakes...they are a bottom 5 team with no fan base...they are pretending to be in to say they were in....the phillies are IN and if they whiff they are never living it down
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

This Harper/Machado melodrama is the dumbest thing ever.  Pick a team already, iceholes.

ice grillin you

words can't express how unsurprising this is...only surprising thing is that Kapler didn't roofie her