Phillies season 6

Started by MURP, July 18, 2005, 03:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Dillen37 on August 08, 2005, 03:06:29 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on August 08, 2005, 12:38:35 PM
These aren't the Brewers of Bud Selig.  They'll be decent for the next few years (Until they eventually lose Ben Sheets to a money team).

That said, the Phils plain blew the first game themselves.

Yesterday, they were shut out by Tomo Okha.  :boom
Last year didnt they sign him 4 years/40 million?

I think that you may be right.  I remember something about that, now that I am thinking about it.

I actually root a bit for the Brewers, being a small-market club that's been down for awhile.  This season it looks like they may have turned a bit of a corner, and have some good young players coming up.  I think that in the long run the Scott Posednik-for-Carlos Lee will be a steal for them.

BigEd76

The Phils moved from 4th to 3rd without playing.  Florida got swept in a makeup DH at Colorado...  :-D

hbionic

So..what's this Tejada character about? How has he been doing? I see he's 2-2....I'm heading to the game tonite...just wondering.

Both teams are sucky and are 6 games out.  ::)
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyGirl

Quote from: hbionic on August 09, 2005, 06:44:06 PM

Yeah, but how far out of a WC spot is LA?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

hbionic

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 09, 2005, 06:45:40 PM

Yeah, but how far out of a WC spot is LA?

It's Division or bust...it's the way it should be. Too many things to be wishing for when worrying about the Wild Card. 6 games isn't alot..but farg, when you can't take advantage of opportunities...that's when it hurts the most.

BigEd76

Burrell 3-run bomb + 441-ft shot by Howard =   :evil

NGM

Hold your breath, her comes Mr. Geary.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

PhillyPhreak54

So..what's this Tejada character about? How has he been doing? I see he's 2-2....I'm heading to the game tonite...just wondering.

How'd you enjoy Burrell and Howard's moon shots? :-D

PhillyGirl

1.5 back of the stros again after their loss yesterday.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Sgt PSN

I believe I have to go poo right now.  I'll be back. 

hbionic

2 outs, 2 strikes and Schmoll, Mr. Nobody...decides to chuck it up for Burrell...I guess he was pissed at us at the left field pavilion for the shtein talking.

That shot by howard was monstrous. You know it was gone once it left the bat. That was sick.

I'm so glad depofargsta didn't pick anyone up to help our bullpen. farg...penny was throwing a good game too. That Tejeda guy didn't do bad....he got himself out of some jams and fanned Kent 3 times.

We'll have a second go at it tonite. We'll see what happens.

BigEd76

Tejeda is frustrating to watch.  He'll walk leadoff hitters on 4 pitches and get himself into bases loaded jams, then he'll strike everyone out...  :boom

That Howard shot was awesome.  Into the blue seats in right-center.  That was the first HR he pulled all year...  :evil

PhillyGirl

Quote from: BigEd76 on August 10, 2005, 02:09:52 PM
Tejeda is frustrating to watch.  He'll walk leadoff hitters on 4 pitches and get himself into bases loaded jams, then he'll strike everyone out...  :boom

As opposed to any of our other pitchers who walk leadoff hitterson 4 pitches and get himself into bases loaded jams, only to give up 3 straight doubles?

BigEd76

Yeah, but we already know those guys suck.  Tejeda would be dominating if it wasn't for those walks, and that's been his problem throughout the minors, too...

PhillyPhreak54

Yep, Tejeda would be a stud if he didn't give up so many free passes. He needs to harness that control.

Brett Myers will toss a shut out tonight.