Sporting News: Least Courageous WRs.

Started by Zanshin, July 29, 2005, 09:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Anybody else get Sporting News this week?  Just read a piece about the dangers of WRs going over the middle.  As a sidebar, they had the top three most courageous WRs who go over the middle, and the three least courageous.  Freddie Mitchell was the #1 biggest Hoyda in their book, followed by Pinkston at #2.  Travis Taylor was third on that list.

MURP

hmmm. All Freddie hating aside.  Thats a little strange.  I wonder what their basis was for their "study."

MadMarchHare

I thought Freddie was pretty reasonable about catching and being hit.  ToothPink should be no 1 in my book.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

I never saw Freddie shy from a catch over the middle, no matter who was coming.

And Pink gets an unfair rap.  Just saying.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Philly_Crew

You have to be kidding me.  Freddie was always willing to go over the middle.  I would say Moss is more afraid to go over the middle.  Galloway too.

MURP

It's possible that Galloway has never run a route other than a streak in his NFL career.  ;)

PhillyandBCEagles

Yeah, say what you want about Freddie but he never had a problem going over the middle...that was his best aspect as a WR in fact.