2020/2021 Covid Games

Started by Rome, July 23, 2021, 07:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

The men's 4 x 100 relay team was brutal.  That was pathetic. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Did you see the 14 year old women's platform diver from China? 14?  She looks like she's 8!  Two perfect dives.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: Rome on August 05, 2021, 04:51:37 AM
Watching a completely different USWNT this morning.  They're flying all over the field, passes are crisp, defending is great and the goals have been ridiculous.  Of course Rapinoe has two and Lloyd has the other.

Where the farg has this team been?

The team that played today with their regular goalie could have beaten Sweden. Too little too late. If that was Lloyd and Rapinoe's last dance they definitely went out with a bang.

phattymatty

Quote from: Don Ho on August 05, 2021, 06:32:03 AM
The men's 4 x 100 relay team was brutal.  That was pathetic.

lol yeah that baton transfer was like how we did it in high school.

unrelated - why would Luka pass up that last shot???

Rome

I had a pot of coffee, two Red Bulls and a large Coke today and I'm still wiped out after waking up to watch that game.

Thank Satan that's over with. 

SD

What a game

An Italian kicked the winner for Canada

phattymatty

not that I can imagine winning an olympic medal at any age - but Allison Felix gets one in track at 35?  crazy.

Rome

She's a goddess. 

And Simone Biles' whiter than bleached rice neighbors gave her a mini parade when she got home to the nbhd. 

Rome

I was looking at the medal count earlier and noticed that the US won 30 medals alone in swimming.  Just in that one sport.  That's more medals than France has won in total. 

I know we're usually good in the water but that's just damn impressive to me.

Diomedes

Being better than France at something is not necessarily saying much.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: Rome on August 06, 2021, 06:39:51 PM
I was looking at the medal count earlier and noticed that the US won 30 medals alone in swimming.  Just in that one sport.  That's more medals than France has won in total. 

I know we're usually good in the water but that's just damn impressive to me.

another way of looking at it we have an enormous amount of rich people who will spend an ungodly amount of money and force their kids to spend their lives in the pool and like 3 of them win a gold medal that has really no monitory value since swimming exists only within the context of the olympics (save for someone like phelps)
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

We're awesome at something.  Shut up the both of yous.

Rome

Also - women's beach volleyball is on.  We're good at that too.  On the women's side anyway.

MDS

those girls are all nasty....people be horny
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Brazilians in beach volleyball tho