2021 Flyers thread

Started by SD, January 13, 2021, 05:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Don Ho

Oh My God!  That is deplorable.  I thought that early 90's sixers jersey with the stars was the worst thing I've ever seen in Philly sports lore (despise the plum looking all red Phils unis) but that looks like an old WFL logo.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

https://twitter.com/dhm/status/1412977151821877248

because its hockey only the stepfords care and theyre all super homers who cant process this, but the flyers are some kind of pathetic
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

74 & 75 Flyers were me first taste of a Philly Championship.  Imagine following the NHL in Hawaii back than.  I think I found out they were champs via carrier pigeon.  46 years ago.  I used to truly believe during that long 1984 - 2007 championship drought the Flyers would be the first team to break the streak.  Pathetic is right!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

The Flyers have still won as many titles as the Phillies and done it in 86 less seasons.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

QB Eagles

The other piece of news is the team had to send in its protection list for the Seattle draft today.

NHL releasing the names tomorrow but pre-trade Carchidi posted

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/status/1415998946325970944

Expansion draft gives them a chance to unload some of the biggest contracts onto Seattle so maybe that was part of the calculus with deciding they could spend on Ellis.

QB Eagles

Seattle did not take the big contract bait. They took Carsen Twarynski who I have to admit I am not sure I have ever seen playing.

PhillyPhreak54

Seattle's uniforms are nice.

SD

Scratch that

Ghost traded with a 2nd and a 7th TI clear cap space. What a disaster of an organization

QB Eagles

Kind of a foregone conclusion when Seattle passed on the JVR, Voracek, and Ghost contracts.

rjs246

Quote from: QB Eagles on July 22, 2021, 03:05:43 PM
Kind of a foregone conclusion when Seattle passed on the JVR, Voracek, and Ghost contracts.

Exactly. This is just the cost of offloading a zesty contract. Happens in the NBA all the time. Once the Kraken didn't bite on their big contracts something like this was 100% a foregone conclusion.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

Holy Moses that's bad.  Nothing like being traded for a player to be named never.

ice grillin you

holy farg they just traded ghost, this years one....two 2nds...a 7th and Hagg for ristolainen
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous