ConcreteBoard

Advanced search

News:

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Sports Media Thread  (Read 138876 times)

TAFKASD

• Don Quixote
  • Inept Security Guard
Re: The Sports Media Thread
« Reply #3720 on: May 09, 2022, 12:10:02 PM »

a rando ex phillie is? not saying youre getting bad intel but i think rhea/al are sticking and the new host will be an actual broadcaster, not a former ballplayer.

Wrong station. Right position definitely not a random. I already said too much
farging women.  They get you to do the dumbest shtein.

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3721 on: May 09, 2022, 12:30:51 PM »

ryan howard, maybe cole hamels, either joining miss or partnering with someone to replace him

something like that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

• 2005 NFL 1st Round Mock Draft Champ
  • Inept Security Guard
  • Five Fo Will Kill You
« Reply #3722 on: May 10, 2022, 04:57:38 PM »

Fox is going to pay Brady 10yrs $375m to be their next lead analyst when he retires.

QB Eagles

• Inept Security Guard
  • TOUCHDOWN!
« Reply #3723 on: May 16, 2022, 03:24:34 AM »

Fox is going to pay Brady 10yrs $375m to be their next lead analyst when he retires.

He will be good at it, of course. He’s Tom Brady.

You know who’s not good at it? Drew Brees. Apparently NBC has now figured that out, long after everyone else.

Diomedes

• Resident Iconoclast
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #3724 on: May 16, 2022, 11:05:35 AM »

Yeah and now he's saying maybe he plays again, maybe he focuses on pickleball.  Whatever that is.

It would be okay with me if he just went away.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.” - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3725 on: May 16, 2022, 11:09:34 AM »

hes being facetious there

what ha happened was brees signed on with nbc thinking it was gonna be him and tirico doing SNF. after nbc got a look at his tape, they decided to give collinsworth a contract extension. brees doesnt want to be in studio, he wants to be tony romo. hes not tony romo. so its basically a cover for a mutual parting of the ways here.

with that said, fox does have some interest for brees to be their #2 guy. the issue with it, is for someone with brees' stature, doing primarily regionalized games each weekend with no shot to ever jump up to #1 (brady) is likely not super appealing. 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

• Resident Iconoclast
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #3726 on: May 16, 2022, 11:41:44 AM »

Romo is a special case

Why these guys think they can just step into a booth and be good?  The guy I know in the biz has been doing this shtein since college...decades of practice...
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.” - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

• Anti-Collar Popper
  • Inept Security Guard
  • this guy
« Reply #3727 on: May 16, 2022, 11:48:37 AM »

its not the guys its the networks. brees cant hire himself. the league is also involved here.

they like big names, specifically qbs, on the broadcasts. they market and push qbs as stars so its natural to have a star qb in the booth. think allen/mahomes with romo on the call. this is what they want. they pushed fox to hire brady. it factors into the game quality networks get. espn's game quality went up this year with the buck/aikman hires.

pretty dumb business but what i do know theyre all rich and i own a 2 bedroom point breeze rowhome

ice grillin you

• Dunning-Kruger in effect.
  • Inept Security Guard
« Reply #3728 on: May 16, 2022, 01:37:35 PM »

they love yt too
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249]   Go Up