Rest Of Baseball - 2021

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 07, 2021, 12:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Can someone explain to me why during baseball reviews TWO umps get on headsets to listen to the results of a review
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

its the ump involved in the play and the crew chief
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Cleveland was no hit for the third time.

Milwaukee with a combined one. They lifted Burnes and Hader finished it

Zack Plesac has started all three no hit games for CLE

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

The fargin guy will be great now. Or end up getting moved to closer and become Trevor Hoffman reincarnated.

Geowhizzer

Geowhizzer

Just something that came to my mind tonight watching the Phils that made me look some things up:

1968 is generally considered the (modern) "year of the pitcher."  That year, the league average slashes were    .237/.299/.340.

In 2021, the slashes are .243/.317/.410.

There is a huge difference in HR/game:  1968 = 0.61, 2021 = 1.23

... and also K/game:  1968 = 5.89, 2021 = 8.70

Not much difference in stolen bases/game:  1968 = 0.47, 2021 = 0.45

And teams score more an an extra run per game:  1968 = 3.42, 2021 = 4.53

(All states are per team per game, according to baseball-reference.

PhillyPhreak54

Good stuff Geo.

It's either K or homer.

QB Eagles

And as shown by the runs per game, K or homer is the more effective offensive strategy.

I would have guessed way fewer SB/game in 2021 given the major decline over the last decade, but '67 was before the numbers originally exploded in the 70s and 80s.

Geowhizzer

MDS

tampa is going to put a sign in the OF wall during the playoffs about this...its going to be part of the CBA talks. they have to throw the players a ton more money to do this.

its really just dumb. just build the stadium in montreal and move them there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

QuoteNo team in Major League history has spent as much time (103 days) in first place and finished with a losing record. The Mets are mathematically guaranteed to become the first.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

C'mon Mariners.

Yankees lost
Red Sox won
Blue Jays won

MDS

if the yankees get swept, sox/m's lose 1 and jays win out....4 way tie. would turn into a cool little single elimination tourney.

PhillyPhreak54