Around The NFL - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, March 16, 2020, 01:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Will probably be a bunch of one year contracts for players who would rather wait until the FA market is robust before opening long term bidding.

Could be some team that comes out of absolutely nowhere to win the SB with a bunch of one-year rentals. [Hint: it won't be the Eagles.] Or guys will just pile onto some super team for cheap to try to get a ring. [Also will not be the Eagles.]

SD

QuoteTom Brady reached agreement with the Buccaneers today on a four-year contract extension that voids to a one-year extension that locks him into Tampa through the 2022 season, sources tell ESPN. The Brady extension saves the Buccaneers $19 million against the cap this year, per sources. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. It was another effort from Brady to keep as much of the team together as possible.

He might play until he's 50

QB Eagles

I hope he does play until he's 50. We're never going to see a player like him ever again.

Meanwhile:

Drew Brees, 42, retires as the NFL's all-time leader in career passing yards (80,358) and ranks second all-time in touchdown passes (571) and completion percentage (67.7%).

MDS

cant bring up brees without a litany of playoff failure. for all those amazing stats and seasons, he made (and won) 1 super bowl. there were consecutive home playoff loses to jared goff and cuzzo.

hes going to be terrible on tv....dont think hell last long there and will settle doing something for the saints, perhaps follow the elway model
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

someone on twitter asked today if brees was the best athlete ever to never win an mvp
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Best QB, sure. But because it's essentially a QB award, there are players out there like Jerry Rice who never won it.