We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Two positives close to my older child.  One on the (worst) soccer team (on the planet) and another in his "pod" at school.  So far, no symptoms and apparently he's not close enough to the case at school for them to ask us to keep him home, so he's going in today.

If he gets sent home for 10 days quarantine, I think I'm just taking him to work with me because I can't not work anymore.  I had like a full year of being unable to work...I guess he's education might be a little unconventional, but these are the times.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Correction:  kid has been sent home for 10 day quarantine

So, society at large:  how I'm supposed to work and pay bills like this? 

Society to Dio:  farg you
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Not for nothing but at least you're not in Florida.  My kid started her internship in a high school here on Tuesday and those fargheads are largely ignoring the mask requirements because their parents are inbred pieces of shtein.

Diomedes

Two hours later, younger child sent home complaining of headache and chills.  No reported contacts with a positive case..but we gotta get her tested asap.  Doctor's office, closed for the day.  Back up office closed for lunch.  Testing appointments at pediatric clinics all booked up (and available only by using a goddamned computer).  Can't just roll up to a location, you have to book in advance, etc.

Done everything right, followed all the rules and protocols, lucky enough to have health care, wheels, and computers....and this is still a goddamn mess.  What's it like for everyone else, who have only phones, or the bus, who ain't got a doctor to call (even if the office closed).

Royal shteinfarg. 

Marry medicine to profit and this is what you get.

Rome

Oh shtein.  Sorry Dio.  I hope they're both ok.

Diomedes

They're fine.  He shows no symptoms.  Was tested Monday, results pending, getting another Saturday.  Probably negative.

The other not showing fever, gets headaches anyway.  We'll hold her home and see where we are tomorrow.

It's all such a pain in the ass.  Avoidable, yet unsurprising.

PhillyPhreak54

Damn Dio I also hope they're ok.

And you and your wife as well.

You're right - you can do everything right and still get farged because of the iceholes anti vaxxer and people whom have entrusted their lives with known shteinbirds like Rand Paul, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boobert and Large Marj.

Geowhizzer

Hope they (and you) stay clear, Dio.

PhillyPhreak54

phattymatty

aww, he died doing what he loved.  his own research.

Diomedes

As expected, son is negative for COVID, and my income flow from staying home is also negative.

He goes to work tomorrow and if he doesn't get his homework done, oh well.  Teacher will give him As or fight me.

phattymatty

good to hear man.

so DC is requiring all municipal employees to get vaxxed. they received 475 religious exemptions.  and almost 420 of them are dc firefighters.  I mean I guess I knew firefighters leaned trumpy but that number really surprises me.

Diomedes

I won't actually fight a teacher of course.  They can dock him whatever they have to and it's cool.  The kid is gonna be fine, don't care two shteins about his grades.

PhillyPhreak54

Glad he's negative Dio.

Matty yeah the cops and firefighters are most of the time on the conservative end of the spectrum. Which is funny bc they want that first responder praise and love but by being unvaxxed they put first responders and their colleagues at the emergency rooms in danger.

Diomedes

420 of them huh?  419 and the stoner who sends out the press release was like ...

Anyway...call their bluff and fire them.  Reagan did it to f'n air traffic controllers for worse cause and got lionized for it.  Fire the motherfargers.  They can be replaced.