We're All Gonna Die

Started by Geowhizzer, March 07, 2020, 10:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

my company cancelled our yearly lets spend millions of dollars on a party and get wasted for three days event.  wah.

PhillyPhreak54

My girl looked up cruises yesterday and some were as low as $189

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 09, 2020, 09:38:08 PM

I'm due to go on one in June
it was already cheap and has dropped 300 bucks plus you can cancel up to 48 hrs before it leaves
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Floating malls slash infection incubators no thanks.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

i saw pictures of people on a cruise ship yesterday.  it looked miserable and i don't even think it was one of the virus ships.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on March 10, 2020, 07:17:06 AM
Floating malls slash infection incubators no thanks.

i get the drink package so i can coat all my organs in alcohol to stop any diseases from getting in

Diomedes

Solid plan, better you than me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I've been on one. It was just ok.

After the fifth day I was ready to get off the boat.

ice grillin you

this one you are barely on the boat and it has some great stops one of them being portland maine which you get a long ass day and night in....a great american city and so slept on

Diomedes

I have gauzy memories of a weekend spent there with a beautiful young woman when I was young and beautiful, too.

Now I'm a 45 year old failure, headed to the end faster every day.

SD

Maybe it's because I was in the Navy for 9 years and cramped on a ship most of that time but I never understood the appeal of a cruise. I've asked people and they've said there's shows and activities etc. but for roughly the same amount of money I could go to an all inclusive resort on an ocean front which offers more than a cruise with way less restrictions. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on March 10, 2020, 09:58:24 AM

Maybe it's because I was in the Navy for 9 years and cramped on a ship most of that time but I never understood the appeal of a cruise. I've asked people and they've said there's shows and activities etc. but for roughly the same amount of money I could go to an all inclusive resort on an ocean front which offers more than a cruise with way less restrictions.

no chance you can get a decent all inclusive for even close to the same price as a cruise

cruises are insanely cheap compared to any other vacation...thats pretty much the entire appeal...otherwise id always go to a single destination and chill

and of course its great for old people who cant get around that much as they get everything they need within a few yards walk

ice grillin you

those are garbage ass cancun places and still around the same price as a 10 day cruise

dont get me wrong id rather pay double and go to a good resort but theres no price comparison...nothing can beat a cruise for the value

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 10, 2020, 09:34:54 AM
this one you are barely on the boat and it has some great stops one of them being portland maine which you get a long ass day and night in....a great american city and so slept on

Been there more times than I can count since my wife is from the area and a large portion of her family still lives there.  Beautiful city.