Zach Ertz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Feva, April 26, 2013, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 07:28:00 PM
What baffles me is that usually switching from  4-3 to a 3-4 is a 2 year commitment, and that is not even taking into account needing to overhaul the entire secondary. Which season will this start?

They're loading up with players for the future and tanking 2013 for Johnny Football. They weren't gonna be good this year no matter what they did, anyway.

General_Failure

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 26, 2013, 07:30:38 PM
What baffles me is that usually switching from  4-3 to a 3-4 is a 2 year commitment, and that is not even taking into account needing to overhaul the entire secondary. Which season will this start?

They're loading up with players for the future and tanking 2013 for Johnny Football. They weren't gonna be good this year no matter what they did, anyway.

We'll know you're on to something when they trade their third round pick for Sanchez.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Is he from the area? Saw Roob tweet his Pops went to Lehigh.

Btw - the goofball "dude bro" white boy clique gets another. Foles, Kelce, Mathis, Manneans, Celek, Watkins, Dorenbos, Barwin, Casey.

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on April 26, 2013, 07:30:33 PM
Quote from: QB Eagles on April 26, 2013, 07:28:49 PM
Maybe we can get igy to come around on this pick if Ertz has a dent in his chest?

I don't know what this means, but it sounds hilarious.

How do you not remember Dent Chest HOF Ingram?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 07:20:16 PM
So who watches a lot of college ball - how is he in the RZ? To me that is at least as big a question as his route running ability.

i saw a lot of him in college....he was good in the red zone....bodied people for the ball real well...i think he will be an ok player...but he wont be significantly better than celek if at all and i dont think hes as good as casey for this offense

at least they definitely upgraded the 3rd TE spot....that was def one of the biggest offseason needs

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Dillen

They'll probably keep less WR's now. I'm sure all the 3 TE's are going to get a lot of run. Better than running Riley Cooper out there

ice grillin you

DING DING DING

furthermore where is the pass rush on this team coming from....they were historically pathetic last year...tank carradine would have been a massive upgrade in this area....two of the next three picks need to address the edges of their defense...for christ sake trent cole and brandon graham are their 3-4 olb's

Rome

General_Failure

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 07:44:17 PM
I guess you're furiouser now.

I hope they go RB next so we can see him at his furyest.

Eagaholic

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 26, 2013, 07:30:38 PM

I was seriously thinking of this and Manziel aside it actually isn't a bad idea. Getting all his pieces in place as best he can and not making the most competitive team for 2013 the priority isn't a bad plan. I just worry that isn't his thinking and he's just totally offensively minded.

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2013, 07:38:34 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 07:20:16 PM
So who watches a lot of college ball - how is he in the RZ? To me that is at least as big a question as his route running ability.

i saw a lot of him in college....he was good in the red zone....bodied people for the ball real well...i think he will be an ok player...but he wont be significantly better than celek if at all and i dont think hes as good as casey for this offense

at least they definitely upgraded the 3rd TE spot....that was def one of the biggest offseason needs

Glad to hear he may be good in the RZ but I think he's been talking to Belichick too much. Chip's probably getting the idea looking at NE, NYG, GB etc you can have a SB challenger with a mediocre D. The only thing he's forgetting is that little detail about the franchise QB.

ice grillin you

theres another guy i really wanted for the defense....love collins

this is so depressing right now

General_Failure

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 26, 2013, 07:55:33 PM
Chip's probably getting the idea looking at NE, NYG, GB etc you can have a SB challenger with a mediocre D. The only thing he's forgetting is that little detail about the franchise QB.

Two things, if you count the fact that the defense is terrible.

Rome

I can't understand how the Eagles haven't filled every need and upgraded every player on the roster thru a round and a half.

I mean, I thought they would have transformed the roster by now.  So disappointing.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 26, 2013, 08:15:43 PM
I can't understand how the Eagles haven't filled every need and upgraded every player on the roster thru a round and a half.

I mean, I thought they would have transformed the roster by now.  So disappointing.

they hit a home run filling that back back up TE position