The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

hes actually a massive sixers homer (ring a bell?)...he did this podcast with o'neill where he did everything but blow him

i hate the guy, but his radio wars stuff has been fair and SOMEWHAT professional. it pains me to admit it. still i would be happy if he died.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

hes not a sixer homer in fact hes not even a sixer fan....he knows less than nothing about them....he uses them as a way to get racist flyer fans to attack the nba...i haven't been on his site in over a year but it used to drive many of his comment sections and hed just sit back watch the most vile racist shtein be said and do nothing about it....it was disgusting

if he sucked up to oneil its strictly to get access to them and in turn promote his blog....which im fine with....but the guy is an overall disgusting pos
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

all that being said about CB...Innes is infinity times worse
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

yup

he makes missanelli seem tolerable

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 13, 2015, 12:35:52 AM
has anyone listened to innes/bruno yet?

bruno is a pathetic old man playing innes' sidekick and innes is a top 5 worst person to ever come through philly. its an insulting disaster. if 1 comment is to be believed on CB, they are getting destroyed by bitchanelli worse than gargano/ellis.

Bruno is a you either love him or hate him type guy. Loved him on the Fanatic, can't stand him on WIP. His schtick doesn't have the same effect. They're keeping his stuff under wraps. Innes like you said is easily worst 5 philly person ever. He was yapping the other day about getting a pay raise if/when he beats "Bitchanelli". The thing about it is Missanelli is a bitch, but the nick name is something you'd hear in Junior High. For a drive time radio host in a city like Philly he's as bad as it gets. The fake rivalry he's going for is one way and embarrassing. I can't believe they can't find a better option.

PhillyPhreak54

Innes is a train wreck. Like I said before the people in this lousy sports city cheered when he left. So when a city who gives zero shteins about sports compared to real sports cities are happy you left that says something

He's going balls deep on Andy Bloom and Spike Eskin

MDS

spike has nothing to do with anything

its marc rayfield and andy....they call the shots and overreact to the people meter ratings things. innes is bloom's pick and he is going to ride and die with him. hopefully, die.

MDS

the king subbing for the legend tomorrow

im telling you something is up with ang....he is sick

ice grillin you

He's been sick for a couple years now...he's had two or three sugeries

MDS

say hello to innes in the mornings

MDS

so i emailed andy bloom out of innes anger and he actually responded....possibly because i called the people who call wip "delco trash" and bloom evidently resides in delco.

anyway, he sent me the january ratings for the 1-6 spot. this is BEFORE innes took over.

wip - 302,800 per week; 125,800 in the demo
miss - 239,300 per week; 122,400 in the demo

for whatever math reason, miss' show has a higher average per day and a .1 advantage in market share in the key demo. yea whatever the hell that means.

so basically ratings weren't even that bad....wip just did this because they are mad in love with innes. nothing more, nothing less.

PhillyPhreak54

Other than a pre-Innes ratings response did he say why they thought he would be an acceptable host in the Philadelphia sports radio market?

ice grillin you

clearly they are going for the loud mouth be a fleshpop and talk less sports and more bullshtein route to combat missanelli versus the cuz ellis brand of straight up sports talk

SD

Quote from: MDS on February 17, 2015, 11:43:20 PM
so i emailed andy bloom out of innes anger and he actually responded....possibly because i called the people who call wip "delco trash" and bloom evidently resides in delco.

anyway, he sent me the january ratings for the 1-6 spot. this is BEFORE innes took over.

wip - 302,800 per week; 125,800 in the demo
miss - 239,300 per week; 122,400 in the demo

for whatever math reason, miss' show has a higher average per day and a .1 advantage in market share in the key demo. yea whatever the hell that means.

so basically ratings weren't even that bad....wip just did this because they are mad in love with innes. nothing more, nothing less.

Key demo is listeners 25-42. They spend the most money and advertisers know this. The stations could give two shteins about overall numbers, it's 100% about advertising dollar and the key demo is the sacred cow.