The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

awesome might be overstating it because the people are so bad it makes the city seem better probably...its not like new york or chicago awesome...but i like it a lot

for me cities break down into three categories

1. cities that i would go to in a heartbeat for no reason at all - nyc, chicago, new orleans
2. cities that i really like but would only go to if one of my teams was playing there - boston falls into this category
3. garbage cities that i would never go to again (charlotte, buffalo, atlanta)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Where does Houston fall into this and when can I expect you and lil guy to road trip?

ice grillin you

i cant imagine there will ever be a scenario where i go to texas but if i did go it would not be houston

i have never talked to someone who has gone there who had a single good thing to say about it

PhillyPhreak54

That's about right.

Not much to do here and unless you're coming for a game of some type there really isn't shtein to do outside of going to NASA.

Good restaurants and beer but that's about it.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

no city that big doesnt have at least some good food and beer but houston wouldnt rank in the top 100 food cities in the country...i have never ever heard any buzz coming out of houston as far as a great restaurant or food scene

shtein bourdain went there and spent his entire episode in peoples back yards cooking

MDS

wait for j to give you some buzz about that chicken fried steak he had at sweet lou's bbq joint
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 25, 2017, 02:34:09 PM

sure you aren't thinking of Austin ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PhillyPhreak54

Nah - as much as I rip on and can rip on Houston they have some legit spots.

BBQ, TexMex and a ton of mom and pop ethic spots. Plus the top notch steak houses.

There are a lot of reasons to hate this city tho.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on April 25, 2017, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 25, 2017, 02:34:09 PM

sure you aren't thinking of Austin ?

That'd be great restaurants and beer. 

And UT whores. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on April 26, 2017, 11:24:41 AM
Layoffs hitting ESPN today: 100 on-air personalities are being let go

its always funny to me what the east/west coast time difference can do...im assuming you just woke up out there and saw this where as it seems like ive been hearing about this for days

QB Eagles

Well it has been out there for days, just not the 100 number. If I don't see it here, I'm posting.

Of course the big curiosity is who is being cut. I don't know how much money it would save but it seems like there's at least 100 ex-player "analysts" who add basically nothing to the network. Dawk (who was one of the guys adding nothing) picked the right time to jump to the Eagles.

ice grillin you

i could care less that you posted it im just saying the 100 thing came out real early this morning when you were sleeping and hasnt stopped since so it feels super old to me all because we are three hours apart in time....it just shows how fast and furious the online news cycle moves

deadspin has a running thread on who is getting got......mostly beat writers so far....so far i havent seen any on air people let go yet just a bunch who are going to have their roles diminished.....bucci was supposedly gone but that report has been walked back for now

QB Eagles

Looks like they decided the problem is they have too much hockey coverage.