New name for Strength and Conditioning coaches?

Started by Zanshin, October 19, 2020, 01:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

So, now Sanders is out this week and Ertz is out 3-4 weeks, bringing the injury count to...ummm, infinity.

Considering none of the Eagles look particularly strong nor conditioned...the people doing that job should have another title, I believe. Any thoughts?

Seriously, though...wtf with these guys. It's like these players are made of crusty old rubberbands.

ice grillin you

there is a trillion injuries in the nfl every year

i think they are completely 100% random and have absolutely nothing to do with the strength and conditioning people...the strength and conditioning coaches are blamed because fans cant explain away or maybe even more importantly cant yell and scream for howie to fire randomness
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

I'm glad that you think things, as it makes me feel warm inside. But the Eagles seem to have been hit particularly hard the last few years in particular. I'm on board with shtein happens, but at a certain point there has to me more to it than coincidence. We clearly need better smoothies.

ice grillin you

you are just frustrated that they have injuries but dont know why...the answer is simple tho...its pro football

theres much more chance that the players are at fault for not working out enough than the idea that the entire strength and conditioning team is not making them work out....eh take this week off fellas

if you can even name me any eagle injuries this year....not that miles sanders got hurt but exactly how and when and show me why it was a strength and conditioning coaches fault i might buy it....but we are getting close to year 100 of the nfl and im pretty sure if the cause and effect of strength and conditioning coaches to injuries' could be correlated it would have been done decades ago

Zanshin

Well, this year, I think the goofy Covid schedule had a lot to do with it. They have strength and conditioning guys for a reason, and some teams seem better at it. If they didn't matter, they wouldn't have them. Could it be a coincidence? I mean, the data piles up over time. I think they need to do something differently. They'd be fools if they weren't asking these questions and compiling data about it. Maybe they are. At some point though...it not simply random.

Diomedes

Maybe they should but the 'g' back in the name.

What is the purpose of the trainers? To coach players in the weights, stretching, etc?  So they can do/be what?  Play football.  Right?  Is there such a thing as training to avoid injury by the way players are coached in the gym and on the practice field?

I tend to agree with igy that the injuries must be random.  There is a lot of room inside random for a team to suffer quite badly for a long run, and it's still just random. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

At some point the training staff has to be looked at, right?

They have dealt with injuries more than other teams it seems since the SB season.

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on October 19, 2020, 03:12:27 PM
Maybe they should but the 'g' back in the name.

What is the purpose of the trainers? To coach players in the weights, stretching, etc?  So they can do/be what?  Play football.  Right?  Is there such a thing as training to avoid injury by the way players are coached in the gym and on the practice field?

I tend to agree with igy that the injuries must be random.  There is a lot of room inside random for a team to suffer quite badly for a long run, and it's still just random. 

I left out the g for gruesome. I get the random thing, I get it can be bad luck...but it's year over year. The data eventually adds up. At some point you have to do something even if just to do something.

Diomedes

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 19, 2020, 03:24:26 PMAt some point the training staff has to be looked at, right?

If you just have to make someone accountable, then I guess that's exactly what these coaches are for: to be fired if the injury bug bites too hard. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

Quote from: Zanshin on October 19, 2020, 03:27:50 PMThe data eventually adds up.

I'd like to see this data you speak of.  It seems the Eagles are particularly unlucky lately...but are they really? 

Zanshin

Quote from: Diomedes on October 19, 2020, 03:30:22 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on October 19, 2020, 03:27:50 PMThe data eventually adds up.

I'd like to see this data you speak of.  It seems the Eagles are particularly unlucky lately...but are they really? 

That was what I was saying earlier...they should absolutely be compiling the data. The last few years, the starters have gone down in what appears to be disproportionate numbers. But I'd have to see the data to be sure; I don't have it-- but they should have it. What I was saying short-term bad luck is one thing, but bad luck over time is a trend that bears looking into.

SD

It can be a combo of both bad luck and a bad training staff. I've never seen a team as injured as the Eagles offense is currently.

Don Ho

I can't recall any Eagles team being hit this hard with injuries but some of them are so predictable i.e. Lane, Peters, Ertz, Maddux, Pimp (hasn't been healthy since GHW Bush administration), Jeffery (shtein, he's never been healthy).  That group would have been on the injury list even if Mother Theresa, Father Damien, Jesus Christ were on the training staff.

They showed that graphic on the Niners last night and they have been hit worse with the injury bug than any team. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on October 19, 2020, 03:30:22 PM

the data is the fans of any individual team....everyone thinks they get more injuries than the rest of the league...someone show me a team that is still using techniques from the 1950's or another one that is not working out their players enough or one that is promoting smoking drinking and less sleep as possible before games and practices...obviously no one is doing that shtein...in fact they are all more or less doing the exact same thing....there is no secrets...there is a pubic hair difference btwn whatever team has the best s&c and medical and whatever team has the worst...the rest is all a coin flip

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 19, 2020, 03:24:26 PM
At some point the training staff has to be looked at, right?

they have changed the staff every year since 2017 and just this offseason they hired a new director of medicine and a new director of sports performance

PhillyPhreak54

Sure they have changed them, but it doesn't mean much if the new hires blow.

But yeah some are to be expected. Especially in the injury prone guys.