Philadelphia

Started by Diomedes, October 19, 2006, 12:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

damn thom bell died...a stone cold genius who basically invented philly soul...one of my pops heroes

pour one out to a legend
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

this is probably more words than anyone wants to read but this piece is equal parts sad and joyous but mostly hilarious.   What a great farging writer she is.

https://www.phillymag.com/news/2021/09/18/lisa-depaulo-philadelphia/

ice grillin you

MDS

yea that was really interesting

this mayors race is an absolute disaster...its a combo of corrupt council reps and rich dudes trying to buy power. the way we pick this position just boils my blood. its an off year election and the primary at that. nobody votes. 15 different people get in and the votes split all over the place so the winner gets through with like 20%. then that person is in power for 8 years.

we need either ranked choice or an open primary runoff. something like you can vote for any candidate in the primary then the top 3 go to the general.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phattymatty

Videos of all those people outside the Taylor swift concert at the Linc last night are pretty incredible.

Not somewhere I would like to be but still pretty cool

MDS

i biked down there late afternoon yesterday to check out the scene...just a giant sea of white women and gays. ive seen so many packs of young girls out this weekend with their tay gear, its like an eagles sunday. never seen that before for a music act.

there was a 5 young white girls and an adult female chaperon wandering around my neighborhood yesterday, not something you see in point breeze. clearly airbnb people unaware of what theyre getting into. hope they heard the triple shooting that was 3 blocks away!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

My sister wanted to go but the tickets are ungodly expensive. She showed me the vid of the people outside the Linc and I told her she should go down for that.

Of course my mom is like "too dangerous"

Ok Ma - she went to Temple for 4yrs.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 13, 2023, 10:10:07 PMMy sister wanted to go but the tickets are ungodly expensive. She showed me the vid of the people outside the Linc and I told her she should go down for that.

My uncle's (with me on Houston trip) baby momma took his 3 daughters last night.

We went out for steaks, went go cart racing and threw axes.

Diomedes

Threw axes, lol. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

It's actually pretty fun. But def had a point where it was ok what's next?

We did it once for an hour and that was it. They served alcohol there too so I'm sure they've had some safety issues

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on May 13, 2023, 10:22:46 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 13, 2023, 10:10:07 PMMy sister wanted to go but the tickets are ungodly expensive. She showed me the vid of the people outside the Linc and I told her she should go down for that.

My uncle's (with me on Houston trip) baby momma took his 3 daughters last night.

What did they pay per ticket?

MDS

why is your mother controlling her adult daughter to the point of determining her ability to leave the house...if she wants to go dance with strangers on 11th st go at it who cares. my friends have actual tickets but shell take her down tomorrow. im here for j family peace.

ive never seen a secondary market like this. they started at like $300/400 and kept on rising before settling well over $1000. every single show of hers from philly to nyc to friggin cincinnati has a 1k+ get in. crazy.

PhillyPhreak54

Haha she's not - she's free to come and go and do whatever. That's just my mother getting more boomerish as she ages. You should've heard her and her husband when we had to drive down the city for her graduation.

Her and her boyfriend will prob go down tomorrow she said

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 13, 2023, 10:55:12 PM
Quote from: Hurts_Defense_Superbowl on May 13, 2023, 10:22:46 PM

What did they pay per ticket?

No idea but I think they bought them a while back...I think her mom (their grandmother) paid for them. She's got some $$$$. News last night said cheapest current ticket on stubhub was $1150 which is absolutely insane.

And yea axe throwing got boring pretty fast. They should spice it up some and have female targets or Trump
Supporters to throw at.

MDS

increasingly looking like charelle parker is going to be our next mayor

theres going to be a number of dumb takes off this, but she was 1) the only black candidate 2)had the backing of much of the city party leaders 3)there were 2 progressive candidates to split that vote and 2 rich white dudes running a pro-business platform to split that vote

so this wasnt really a referendum on anything but just, math