FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i was wondering the same thing but easy does strange stuff all the time and ive learned not to question it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

it's best not to question ed's system

BigEd76

was just highlighting the Eagles stuff and how he left because he wanted to manage his favorite team growing up (not that it was the only reason why he wanted to get outta here ASAP).  No mocking (yet)...

Eagaholic

I wonder if Heckert will poach Howie Roseman for their FO

PhillyGirl

This was made official today....and according to Roob....after my "Yay for accountants being named GMs of NFL teams!" sarcasm on his FB update....

"this accountant was responsible for your team drafting jeremy maclin and lesean mccoy, samantha"

I responded with..."if you say so....."

lol
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Butchers Bill

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

its seriously sad how hard they are trying to portray him as some personnel guru

12 months ago he was a salary cap numbers guy then as this announcement started to approach the PR campaign began and out of nowhere he all of sudden ran last years draft

its so infuriating...of all things the eagles have ever done this easily make me the most mad

rjs246

It's absurd on its face anyway. If they had a GM in place, why would they let Roseman run the draft? It doesn't make any sense. 'Hey I don't feel like doing the draft this year, I'll let that guy do it instead.' Never happened. What a crock of shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Agreed. But Roob is not a shill for the FO. He isn't even an Eagles fan and he looks for reasons to put them down.

That is why I'm conflicted about what to believe in his comment to me..
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on January 29, 2010, 11:38:33 AM
It's absurd on its face anyway. If they had a GM in place, why would they let Roseman run the draft? It doesn't make any sense. 'Hey I don't feel like doing the draft this year, I'll let that guy do it instead.' Never happened. What a crock of shtein.

exactly....heckert would have quit that very day if they had done that to him...only banner inc could with a straight face spin this the way they currently are

its hilarious too because all this time they keep saying roseman has "been with the team since 2000"...but they leave out the fact that he has done absolutely nothing PP related until THIS senior bowl...i cant wait until the introductory presser to hear them completely lie about his PP history

MDS

i wonder if hes going to say hes 11/13 in making the playoffs like heckert did at his browns gm press conference
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Thank goodness. The suspense was killing me.

reese125

I just cant understand how this guy doesnt have to pay his dues like the rest of the low level scouts. I mean, how much respect these other scouts have for the guy now that he got promoted will be a big question and "could" affect this draft.

not to mention, I cant wait to see how he runs the picks from rounds 3 and up and his justification for it. If he surprises-fine, but this guy has some serious serious ground to cover.

Sgt PSN

yeah, for an organization that has from day 1, been run on the philosophy that you build your team in the draft, makes this decision quite baffling.  if they were heavy players in free agency every year, maybe it make a little more sense because when it comes to spending money and balancing the books, 2 jews are better than 1.  in other words, this guy should be the taterskins gm.