Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i love how he basically takes peters apart for the entire article says how lucrative the deal is for the bills then at the very end says "seems like a fair trade for the bills"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Florio:

QuoteThough it remains to be seen whether the Eagles' investment in left tackle Jason Peters pays off, one league source with no connection to the Eagles or the Bills believes that the franchise from Philly fleeced North America's team.

"Buffalo gave Peters away," the source said.  "[Bills COO Russ] Brandon should be fired on the spot.  He has no clue as to what value means.  Philly made the best deal in the last 10 years of the NFL."

Wow.

We're still skeptical as to Peters' true value.  Undrafted as a tight end, he gradually became a solid left tackle.  Though getting a player like that might have been worth the picks from the glorified crapshoot job fair that is the NFL draft, $10 million per year is a lot of money to pay to a guy who gave up 11.5 sacks last year and didn't know it.

reese125

Peters created his own value and situation by half-assing it, so I dont know what this source expects COO Russ to do.

and it looks like half-assing it can still get you 20+ mill in guarantees so props to Peters

PoopyfaceMcGee

Based on all the opinions, my final analysis is that this is a fair trade for both teams, but a win for the Eagles because it means fewer draft picks they can farg up.

SunMo

did they tell him to lose weight yet to be the blocking tight end?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Tackle. Eligible.

Red zone problems = Gone
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/JasonPeters.html

Who the hell is the douche wearing the beret in the background?

Sam Kinnison's skinny ghost?

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Mad-Lad