Rome

ice grillin you

yikes...he gave up like seven sacks that year...i hope that wasnt his best
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2009, 06:12:36 PM
its not a great deal until peters plays great...something he hasnt done for almost three years

you really think the bills would have traded the best tackle in the nfl if he really was even close to the best...they have plenty of money and just signed TO to obviously win now but trade a great left tackle?

lets pump our brakes and see how dook plays before slobbering all over the trade

Man, what are you talking about? For the last two years he's been an all out beast. He's made the pro-bowl as a starter both years. Friggen' man is 6'4" and 340 lbs. With him the line will be one of the best, if not the best in the NFL.  

ice grillin you

most sacks given up in the entire nfl last year

7 sacks given up the year before

i know sacks are a shady stat and dont tell the whole story but dook has been nothing close to an "all out beast" the last two years

you honestly think buffalo would have traded him if he was that good

shorebird

They traded him because he was going to hold out and he's major pissed with his contract because he was the third highest paid lineman on the team dispite being it's only pro bowler.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on April 18, 2009, 08:58:56 PM
They traded him because he was going to hold out and he's major pissed with his contract because he was the third highest paid lineman on the team dispite being it's only pro bowler.

they have tons of money under the cap...and just signed TO to a large short term deal...meaning they are ready to try and win now

so ill ask again...WHY did they trade peters if hes an "all out beast"

shorebird

I've seen were he was listed with having given up 5 sacks to 11.5 sacks. I don't put too much stock in the sack stat. There are too variables to accruately award the reason for a sack. The number could be high or low based on just the qb alone.

I just told you why they traded him.

shorebird

But really, who cares why they traded him? I'm just glad the Eagles got him.

ice grillin you

Quote from: shorebird on April 18, 2009, 09:06:02 PM

no you didnt...you told me he was gonna hold out

why not pay "an all out beast" by means of a new deal since they have plenty of money...or do they just not like great young left tackles

i agree about the sack stat in general but when you give up the most in the league and only play 13 games it should raise warning levels...and if the number could be high or low are you saying he might have actually given up more sacks than the most in the league?

Seabiscuit36

He chose Philly winters over Buffalo winters, give the Birds credit, they did address two aging tackles as best as they could
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 18, 2009, 09:11:02 PM
give the Birds credit, they did address two aging tackles as best as they could

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2009, 08:04:08 PM
the best part of the deal is that they filled a position that was bare...that makes it a good move

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 18, 2009, 09:10:24 PM
Quote from: shorebird on April 18, 2009, 09:06:02 PM

no you didnt...you told me he was gonna hold out

why not pay "an all out beast" by means of a new deal since they have plenty of money...or do they just not like great young left tackles

i agree about the sack stat in general but when you give up the most in the league and only play 13 games it should raise warning levels...and if the number could be high or low are you saying he might have actually given up more sacks than the most in the league?

Obviously they didn't want to deal with the media shtein storm that would come along with Peters holding out, and they didn't think he was worth the money he would want. But like I said before, who cares? The Bills just signed TO for christ sakes. It's not like they have a front office full of Einsteins. Even the Bill's coaches said that his ability was limitless, yet they chose to pay their other lineman rather than their only pro bowler.

Rome

He was the third highest paid o-lineman on his own team.

That's why he was pissed off and he had every right to be.

Jesus - it's really not all that complicated.

ice grillin you

the complicated part is why wouldnt the bills pay a 27 year old tackle who was anywhere from the best LT in the league to an all out beast...depending on who you listen to