Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beermonkey

Quote from: MDS on April 17, 2009, 03:41:00 PM
ummm so no boldin?

ummmmm probably not. did you really think they would have anyway?

dis12

Quote from: Beermonkey on April 17, 2009, 04:10:30 PM
Quote from: MDS on April 17, 2009, 03:41:00 PM
ummm so no boldin?
ummmmm probably not. did you really think they would have anyway?
ONLY if they could have Bouldin at a lower than market price....that's where Ocho might be available.
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 17, 2009, 03:36:21 PM
key to the deal is being able to get peters with 28 and not 21...the difference is only seven picks but it might as well be a whole round when you look at players like knowshon who could be there at 21 but not 28

multiple fives will be traded to get the fourth back

I agree, but especially if they drop down a few slots and still get a RB, or someone like Alex Mack and then trade back up to the top of the second for the RB. Getting Mack would be the bomb with the O-line they are already putting together. They could probably also get a decent pick for Jamaal Jackson.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Kenzinger on April 17, 2009, 03:30:05 PM
An improvement in the running game would do a lot more to help this team than a wideout. It would be really nice to have a receiver like Boldin, but the Eagles were among the top passing teams in football last year anyway. What killed them was the lack of a running game and particularly the problems in short yardage and the redzone.

Didn't read any replies after this, but what planet are you from that you think Reid will run the ball more?  THe lack of the running game isn't because of player personnel. Its because of coaching decisions and Fatasses refusal to run the ball.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

I like it. Hopefully the other #1 will somehow be used to significantly upgrade RB or WR.

Kenzinger

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2009, 04:33:03 PM
Quote from: Kenzinger on April 17, 2009, 03:30:05 PM
An improvement in the running game would do a lot more to help this team than a wideout. It would be really nice to have a receiver like Boldin, but the Eagles were among the top passing teams in football last year anyway. What killed them was the lack of a running game and particularly the problems in short yardage and the redzone.

Didn't read any replies after this, but what planet are you from that you think Reid will run the ball more?  THe lack of the running game isn't because of player personnel. Its because of coaching decisions and Fatasses refusal to run the ball.

Most years I'd agree with you, but last year the running game was terrible even when Reid did run the ball. I'd like to think that Reid would run the ball more if Westbrook wasn't the only real weapon on O.

Edit: Come to think of it, the offense was much more balanced late last year and in the playoffs until Arizona. And that wasn't really the coach's fault, since we were down by a ton early and had to pass our way back into the game.

Rome

The Eagles are definitely going running back in the first now.  They have to, right?  Please??

Eagaholic

Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2009, 04:45:09 PM
The Eagles are definitely going running back in the first now.  They have to, right?  Please??

Hahaha, get real, it's a DT after trading down to the second

ice grillin you

i could definitely see reid trading back to recoup the 4th
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Peters Passes Physical
Posted by Aaron Wilson on April 17, 2009, 4:16 p.m.

Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jason Peters has passed his physical with the Philadelphia Eagles following his trade from the Buffalo Bills today, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

Per the report, Peters is at the Eagles' training complex.

Citing a team source, Caplan reported that the trade terms were agreed upon this morning and has been in the works ever since the Eagles' playoff loss to the Arizona Cardinals.

The Eagles' fallback plan if the Peters deal hadn't been executed was to shift right offensive guard Shawn Andrews to left tackle, according to a team source.

Of course, the success of the trade will hinge upon whether Peters performs to an optimum level. Sometimes, Peters' desire and work ethic have been questioned.

"If he's motivated, the Eagles got a steal," NFL analyst and former Eagles quarterback Ron Jaworski told Scout.com. "The guy is really talented, but he didn't play at the same level last season that he did previously."

The Eagles are still working on a new contract for Peters as talks have begun with his Indiana-based agent, Eugene Parker.
Permalink |  11 Comments Back to Top

PhillyGirl

Per the report, Peters is at the Eagles' training complex.

:-D
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

MDS

and here we go

everyone will forget dawkins gate, firing the retard, mchoke, westbrooks glass bones because they traded for a good tackle. go team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

actually the tone of this thread has been a neutral vibe and probably even swayed towards the negative

only jays thumbs up emoticon has kept it above water
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous