Jason Peters - Philadelphia Eagle

Started by mikey418, April 17, 2009, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

they are in tough spot with him because of covid....there is nothing more the eagles would like to see in the offseason than andre dillards progression...not going to happen and to me that is the number one factor in bringing him back because with no peters its dillard and mailata which is kinda frightening because of the spot on the field

money isnt an issue their offseason is pretty much over and they have like 25 million in cap space

if theres a season i think you see him back...its just too much of a risk imo to go into the season with a dillard/mailata depth chart at LT coming off a skeleton offseason
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

From what I heard about Dillard during camp he was ready to start. From what I saw during games he needs work on his technique. I don't see Peters getting another job because he's broken down. I'd still take him back at LT but at a drastic discount. They missed the boat on Conklin, he's a stud entering his prime and signed at a reasonable deal.

Diomedes

Quote from: AO1 on April 22, 2020, 11:11:13 AM... I'd still take him back at LT but at a drastic discount...

How drastic?  What do you think is a good number that he might actually play for?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the cost is irrelevant since its going to be a one year deal

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on April 22, 2020, 11:23:32 AM
Quote from: AO1 on April 22, 2020, 11:11:13 AM... I'd still take him back at LT but at a drastic discount...

How drastic?  What do you think is a good number that he might actually play for?

It's irrelevant he's not taking much less than $10 million. In a hypothetical I would t pay him more than $5 million with the assumption he only plays half the snaps

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2020, 11:28:24 AM

About $26M cap room at present, right...you need what, $8M or so for rookies?

If the difference isn't spent, then that's just money in Lurie's pocket that he chose not to spend, yeah?

If that's the case, then I'm on the bring Peters back bandwagon. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Someone will pay him $10M I think. Philly won't go that high though. The team really wants Dillard to start.

I'd like to see him come back and play LG but that's probably not realistic.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on April 22, 2020, 11:48:17 AM
If the difference isn't spent

They'll spend it. FAs, guys acquired in trades, guys acquired in camp and traded for in season, reworking deals to get guys more money now to open up room for the next offseason...

Question isn't so much whether Peters is worth the money, but rather whether Peters is where they want to use the money. I sense they want Dillard starting at LT (whether he's better than Peters or not), which would imply they'd rather use the money elsewhere.

PhillyPhreak54

I'd bring him back but Dillard has to start. The problem with that then is if Dillard struggles he's looking over his shoulder wondering if JP replaces him.

I think he ends up in Tampa.

Diomedes

There's a joke somewhere in there about Florida and old people but I'm not funny when I try.

General_Failure

He's one of the guys that's reasonably upset he missed the super bowl. Tampa on a one year deal sure looks like a good bet for anyone looking to take one last shot at that ring.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on April 22, 2020, 11:48:17 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2020, 11:28:24 AM

About $26M cap room at present, right...you need what, $8M or so for rookies?

If the difference isn't spent, then that's just money in Lurie's pocket that he chose not to spend, yeah?

If that's the case, then I'm on the bring Peters back bandwagon.

i mean not literally in his pocket but you should only care if you are jeffery luries accountant or wife...really the salary cap doesnt matter period but it really doesnt in this case

Eagaholic

You've been talking to Art, haven't you.

MDS

the only peters is back is as an insurance option in case dillard wets his pants....jason peters ego will not let him do that. hed kill himself first before he resigns to being some kids babysitter
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

they wouldn't bring him back as baby sitter....at worst he would compete in camp and there's no farging way he believes he wouldn't win the job and he's probably right

either way he's going to be his baby sitter for half the season anyway when he only plays 8 games