2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

This is so frustrating.  Offense finally shows some life and than yak man fargs it up again.  Want to puke a little in your mouth?  Think of Lidge in the playoffs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 05, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
Myers is back...I only saw him walk the first batter...then missed the rest of that inning...how did he do?

fly out, caught stealing, some kind of out

looked shaky but is to be expected. i dont see how you dont give him the job. hes proven he can do it and lidge eats stinky indian ass.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MDS on September 05, 2009, 10:09:59 PM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 05, 2009, 10:06:01 PM
Myers is back...I only saw him walk the first batter...then missed the rest of that inning...how did he do?

fly out, caught stealing, some kind of out

looked shaky but is to be expected. i dont see how you dont give him the job. hes proven he can do it and lidge eats stinky indian ass.

Thanks for the rundown. His shaky was better than Lidge's normal. I'll take it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

you lose lidge if you take away his job. but the phils have more than enough $ to eat lidges contract and trade/release him and re-sign myers as the closer. brett will stay for a discount.

thats the risk you take with this move. but, its got to be done. with lidge as the closer this team has no shot to win a playoff series.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

double digit blown saves? GTFO.  i dont care if he saves 15 in a row at any point he'll never have the confidence of anybody in a big spot knowing a melt-down is right around the corner.  myers is here... the writings on the wall.  he's not even losing the pujols of the world anymore.. its the kaz farging matsui's.

phillymic2000

Quote from: MDS on September 05, 2009, 10:19:51 PM
you lose lidge if you take away his job. but the phils have more than enough $ to eat lidges contract and trade/release him and re-sign myers as the closer. brett will stay for a discount.

thats the risk you take with this move. but, its got to be done. with lidge as the closer this team has no shot to win a playoff series.

why? if he can't see he needs to sit down and figure it out, then he should go.

MDS

hes been a closer all his life. hes had success. hes not going to willingly and happily accept a lesser role. the $ should be irrelevant since this team is essentially printing money and will continue to do so next year given the nl east title that was clinched in may.

myers wasnt a lights out closer in 07 but he was pretty good. going to him and poss using romero against lh should be be able to come back could work. or its their best shot.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Lidge is one year into that new deal....

Terrible loss tonight. I am glad I wasn't at that game. I'm here in PA for the weekend...got home from my fantasy draft in time to see my boy Myers make his come back and Lidge shtein himself.

I saw in the 8th where the Phils had 'em loaded and Ruiz GIDP...good job, Choochie!!

Motherfargers

dis12

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

BigEd76

Mayberry and Kendrick were called up, and Madson is out indefinitely

Reading can clinch a playoff spot today.  Lakewood is already in as a first-half winner...

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

he strained something (rib or arm...I forget)

Rollins and Francisco have HRs so far....2-1

MDS