2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on June 12, 2009, 10:33:27 AM
Sunny, did you send out some anonymous emails about certain phillies stuff getting buried at the new Mets stadium? 

ha...no, we didn't do anything there.

we're working on the Giants stadium.  and i ain't done nuttin
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Munson

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 12, 2009, 02:43:45 PM
So Clearwater was running a promotion this season where they'd give away bobbleheads of the 8 starters from last year's team.  After giving away Rollins and Utley already, they were about to give away Burrell tonight when they were slapped with a cease-and-desist from the Tampa Bay Rays, stating minor league teams aren't allowed to promote other major league teams within a 60-mile radius.  They aren't going after Dunedin and the Blue Jays though. Sore f'ing losers.  You don't hear about the Phillies going after the Thunder or Blue Rocks...

On the contrary, the World Series trophy is making a stop at Blue Rocks Stadium. It's been pushed back twice due to weather, but it'll be there on the 26th or 27th. I work there so hopefully I can get ahold of a good picture.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

they should just walk over to packer park and tell koplove to get hit mitt

i never thought id say this but the phillies are actually taking to many pitches tonight...three times in the last three innings a batter went 3-0 and took the next two pitches...youre not stringing together walks and hits against this bullpen they are to good....you gotta swing and hope for a bomb or an extra base hit to at least get a man to third with less than two outs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Lucking out with Papelbon not being available.  Hope they can take advantage of it.

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Geowhizzer

Big shot by Howard there.  Be nice to see Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuul end it here.

reese125

never thought Id see Ryan Madsen feared at the plate this much making heads look silly swinging the bat

Eagles_Legendz

Madson is a farging machine at this point.  Going from a 98 mph fastball to a perfectly located changeup?  Good luck.

Eagles_Legendz

Eagles_Legendz

Geowhizzer