Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I've bashed Lurie relentlessly and if he sold the team I wouldn't shed a tear but I made a pact with myself to stop being so critical of him as long as the Eagles won a SB before I died. Honestly never thought I'd see it. Howie on the other hand can farg off.

SD

Les Bowen reporting a Wentz trade is close

ice grillin you

there must be some serious venom between the two sides for the eagles to trade him

because trading him imo is an absolutely insane move
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

he might go down as a bigger bitch than donovan

never got past nick winning the SB then doing better than he did in 2018...drafting hurts was the nail in the coffin. he always feels hes going to be looking over his shoulder.

meanwhile aaron rodgers' replacement was drafted and he won the mvp. you can go one way or the other
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Rodgers learned not to do from watching Favre bitch his way out of town. Also he's a weirdo who just loves football and not Jesus then football.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2021, 11:19:01 AM
there must be some serious venom between the two sides for the eagles to trade him

because trading him imo is an absolutely insane move

Yep.

Totally dumb.

Even more so because part of the reason they shtein canned Doug was that relationship between the two.

ice grillin you

doug was a pos that had to go separate from his relationship with carson so that isnt an issue

its dumb because there is an infinitely higher chance he becomes a top 10 quarterback again than him being forever like he was this year and after all you invested in him you are going to sell him when his value is as low as it can possibly get?

i dont even necessarily wanna kill howie for doing it because i think that is just how torched their relationship is and this is an admission of that and howie basically saying it is not salvageable but its also kind of an admission that howie knows this roster is going to be one of the worst in the league for the foreseeable future...i dont think wentz gets moved if they were even close to being a contender...they basically are blowing up the team

PhillyPhreak54

It has to be said how bitchmade Wentz is too - the relationship is only torched bc he could not accept getting benched while he was one of the worst in the NFL

Diomedes

If a trade happens it's proof that he could/should have been kept and rehabilitated.

If one doesn't it's proof that he's garbage and should have been traded at any cost.

Have I got that right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on February 05, 2021, 01:41:54 PM
If a trade happens it's proof that he could/should have been kept and rehabilitated.

If one doesn't it's proof that he's garbage and should have been traded at any cost.

Have I got that right?

actually in sports its how you play on the field

like...

2017 wentz great
2020 wentz garbage

see how that works?

you keep and rehabilitate hoping for 2017 or at least 80% of 2017...especially when there is almost zero value in trading him right now

imo howie has a scale on his desk and on one side of the scale is wentz's mental midgetness and just his overall irksome dickheadedness and on the other side is we are going to suck with or without wentz and if all reports are true that side of the scale has won the day

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 05, 2021, 01:36:24 PM
It has to be said how bitchmade Wentz is too - the relationship is only torched bc he could not accept getting benched while he was one of the worst in the NFL

totally...if this whole thing isnt 100% on wentz its damn close

QB Eagles

Quote from: General_Failure on February 05, 2021, 12:59:46 PM
Rodgers learned not to do from watching Favre bitch his way out of town. Also he's a weirdo who just loves football and not Jesus then football.

Rodgers is still a bitch too. He's just really good at football, unlike Wentz in 2020.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Wonder if there's any chance of a swap for Watson. The Texans are a dumber franchise than the Eagles and they probably overvalue a white qb

QB Eagles

Think their odds of getting Watson are around the same as getting Mahomes.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 05, 2021, 01:51:35 PMtotally...if this whole thing isnt 100% on wentz its damn close

i want to punt carson in a pot of holy water as much as anyone but the team gets a bunch of blame. to go from mega-extension to "he has to go" in a farging year is impressive
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.