The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Lance Armstrong 30 for 30 was decent. On the one hand he gets mad respect for beating cancer and bringing such awareness, on the other hand he's a complete scumbag.

MDS

thought the lance one was kinda boring and didnt even watch part 2. i just dont care about this sociopath at all

the mcgwire/sosa one was horrible. just a bad doc on top of being a journalistic embarrassment. 95 minutes of fawning over bombs then 5 minutes barely touching on how they were all roided up to high heaven 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I liked the old footage from the McGwire/Sosa one. But yeah they spent too much time on just showing home runs.

I remember that summer and I desperately wanted to believe that they weren't juicing. The Phillies were abysmal that season. The Eagles stunk like road kill. So that summer and late summer was fun for 18yr old me.

The Halladay special on ESPN was really good.

Geowhizzer

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1280624344574636033

I can't say I've ever listened to Golic & Wingo.  I did listen to Mike & Mike off and on, but hadn't for the last few years of the show.

Munson

I usually turned on the Tv simulcast of Mike and Mike and then Golic and Wingo when I was getting ready for work in the morning. Kind of bummed, it was a nice easy way to start the day.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

ESPNs radio lineup is the definition of weak sauce

Too many commercials. Too many sponsored segments and hotlines. Recycled guests.

Mad Dog Radio has been my go to since Russo went to Sirius.

SD

Haven't listened to sports talk radio since all this shtein started. What the hell do they talk about? I'm sure they loved pimps knucklehead comment yesterday but otherwise...?

ice grillin you

man has wingo had a massive fall....he went from being he next chris berman to getting dumped from the radio
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Golic & Wingo sucked. Mike & Mike sucks too, but not as bad as Golic & Wingo.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: AO1 on July 08, 2020, 06:48:52 AM
Haven't listened to sports talk radio since all this shtein started. What the hell do they talk about? I'm sure they loved pimps knucklehead comment yesterday but otherwise...?

Russo was talking about how awful it was and how if someone like Brees said it he'd be lambasted.

SD

Diomedes

I recently got into Formula 1 by watching this two season Netflix all-access show about the 2018 and 2019 seasons.  I'm hooked well enough to want to start watching some races live, or at least re-airs of the races soon after they conclude, avoiding spoilers.

I don't have cable.

ESPN has F1.

Long story short, I'm posting here to say, ESPN can suck my balls.  Literally the only way to see the races is to subscribe to cable.  They make it seem that you can watch re-plays of the race if you have their ESPN+ service, but you can't.  You still have to pay for cable.  Took me hours to figure this out, new passwords for new accounts, etc., and only after I had already paid money for the streaming service.  Granted, I am a luddite grump, but I had help from savvier teevee users....

I'm not ordering cable, so I guess I'm not gonna watch F1.  Yay me.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Yep. I've noticed most of the streaming services that have channels available on there still require a cable provider log in.

And those who don't - by the time you sign up ala carte for the ones you like - the savings over cable is minimal if any.

General_Failure

Guys, the important thing to remember here is they increased shareholder value.

The man. The myth. The legend.