Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 12, 2021, 11:20:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

All the info in one spot for Dio...

They have requested interviews with;

Niners DC Robert Saleh
Titans OC Arthur Smith
Bucs DC Todd Bowles

They have also reported interest in Lincoln Riley and of course in-house candidate Duce. No word yet that I have seen on requesting permission for Bieniemy or Daboll.

Lurie has said in the past he prefers to not hire a defensive minded coach but Saleh is a top guy. Not sure how serious the interest in Bowles in.

General_Failure

Let me know when an assistant with little to no NFL coordinator experience gets an interview (that isn't Duce). That'll be the guy.

The man. The myth. The legend.

NC_Eagle

Whoever they get, I hope he likes having no input into personnel decisions.  :paranoid

Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.

ice grillin you

Quote from: NC_Eagle on January 12, 2021, 11:51:46 AM
Whoever they get, I hope he likes having no input into personnel decisions.  :paranoid

coaches really shouldn't have much input...that said they aren't attracting anyone with the cache to ask for that kind of power anyway
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Best case scenario is a two year tryout for someone while Howie cleans up the cap mess before he gets canned, then a new GM and coach.

MDS

its going to be duce

who wants to touch this mess. meddling owner, all powerful gm, 2 terrible qbs. id rather stay an OC and wait
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Who would want most of these jobs? 

Jags - #1 pick, good young receivers
Chargers - Herbert, descent defense, Southern Cal, beautiful new stadium
Jets - possible new young QB via draft but horribly managed franchise
Falcons - Lot of older/expensive players, headed to massive rebuild
Lions - barf
Texans - another poop fest
us - QB fiasco, clueless GM, meddling owner
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Chargers should be the #1 destination of any coach. I expect them to land Bienemy.

Texans have Deshaun Watson (at least for the moment). That alone makes it 10x better than the Eagles.

Jets and Jags have among the most cap space and can be brand new teams very quickly.

Lions will have a new GM and is effectively a blank slate.

The Falcons job is terrible and the Eagles job is beyond terrible.

General_Failure

Quote from: Don Ho on January 12, 2021, 05:40:54 PM
us - QB fiasco, clueless GM, meddling owner

Some would say the owner hasn't meddled enough.

PhillyPhreak54

Deshaun or not the Jack Easterby guy in their front office is going to keep people away. Players and former players are openly talking about how awful he is and how he's worthless.

Eagles certainly aren't a premium destination right now. That's for sure.

PhillyPhreak54

Add former Pats LB Jerod Mayo to the list of interviews

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

orlovsky is all over brady...loves him...says someone should hire him today before he really blows up and becomes a huge name similar to how the rams did with mcvay getting on him early
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Is this Orlovsky guy the former UCONN college football qb?

How did he become some kind of head that people respect?  UCONN didn't even have football when until what, 20 years ago?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2021, 01:45:39 PM
orlovsky is all over brady...loves him...says someone should hire him today before he really blows up and becomes a huge name similar to how the rams did with mcvay getting on him early

its theoretically possible but his resume is insanely thin. mcvay has 6 seasons in the nfl and 3 as an OC. brady was a grad assistant at penn state in 2016

youre basically taking a shot in the dark with him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.