Tailgate Philly 101

Started by MURP, September 18, 2002, 02:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: PHILLYSPORTSNUT on May 28, 2003, 10:09:40 PMI've had the opportunity to travel around the country and live on both coasts and now the Mid West and no one more than 100 miles outside Philly knows what water ice is.

Well, thanks to Rita's, there is a booming franchise business in water ice. But outside of the immediate Philly area, they call it "Italian ice."

Quote6.  No one has a clue what "dippy" eggs are.

My wife's family always ate their eggs that way. Truly disgusting! I always want to yell at her for playing with her food!   :-D

QuoteI've been to a few Chiefs games since coming out here and I've noticed that there is a large number of people out here who cook breakfast during their tailgate.

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of doing something like that, especially for the 1:00 games. When you get to the parking lot at 8:30 or 9:00, and you're eating by 10:00, a nice omlette with steak or sausage sounds just about right!  :)

General_Failure

It's a good an excuse as any to pour maple syrup all over your grill.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on May 29, 2003, 08:01:56 AM
QuoteI've been to a few Chiefs games since coming out here and I've noticed that there is a large number of people out here who cook breakfast during their tailgate.

Actually, I've been toying with the idea of doing something like that, especially for the 1:00 games. When you get to the parking lot at 8:30 or 9:00, and you're eating by 10:00, a nice omlette with steak or sausage sounds just about right!  :)

For the early games I think that makes sense.  Especially since the early game here starts at noon so tailgaters who show up a few hours early are arriving at breakfast time.  But I went to the Thursday night game vs Philly back in 2000 and there was a big group of people around me making eggs and bacon and stuff and they told me that's what they always do.  Weird tradition.....especially since I don't think an omlette would go well with the beer I'm drinking.  Oh well, to each his own.  

GoinLong

Quote from: PHILLYSPORTSNUT on May 29, 2003, 06:07:49 PM
Weird tradition.....especially since I don't think an omlette would go well with the beer I'm drinking.  Oh well, to each his own.  

Ever tried Champale?  mmmmmmm
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

Syracuse

Quote from: GoinLong on May 30, 2003, 10:48:58 AM
Quote from: PHILLYSPORTSNUT on May 29, 2003, 06:07:49 PM
Weird tradition.....especially since I don't think an omlette would go well with the beer I'm drinking.  Oh well, to each his own.  

Is it anything like Stiffler's pale ale?
I am an agent of chaos

GoinLong

I don't know if it's still around. My imbibing budget has increased to the point that I can afford wine that comes in a bottle with a cork and beer that doesnt taste funky on that first sip.

Champale was a sweetish tasting ale-type beverage. Perfect hangover material.
The house was built by players like  ,  [Joyner], [Brown], [Simmons]," he says. "They set that legacy of Eagles defense, then passed it on to us and we built from it. Now, it's their turn to uphold the reputation."- TV

Sgt PSN

Quote from: GoinLong on May 30, 2003, 10:48:58 AM

Can't say that I have.  But at the same time I can say that I haven't either.  So I just don't know for sure.  I do know this...I have never had it while I was still sober.  

Quote from: KoRn on May 30, 2003, 12:16:55 PM
Is it anything like Stiffler's pale ale?

Is that an American Pie 2 referrence or is there such a thing?   ;)

Syracuse

Actually, it was American Pie. Stiffler drank the "loaded" pale ale.......
I was wondering if the other ale was similar. ;D
I am an agent of chaos

Sgt PSN

I was thinking of the champagne incident from the second one.   :)

Syracuse

Quote from: PHILLYSPORTSNUT on May 30, 2003, 04:42:27 PM

LMAO. I just watched that over the weekend. Hilarious.
I am an agent of chaos

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Susquehanna Birder

$100 for a friggin' card table?? That's nuts.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 29, 2004, 07:19:30 AM
$100 for a friggin' card table?? That's nuts.

Yeah, especially when you could do something simple like buy a cheap  card table and just slap a big ass Eagles sticker in the middle of it.  

scrapple

After the game, head over to Mcfaddens across the street at Citizens bank park.... You can stumble over there.....
Season Ticket Holder - Section 110

since75

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 30, 2003, 04:42:27 PM

No, a beer got splloged in in the first one...and Stiffler drank it.
Trust, but Verify-RWR