Jordan Davis, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by PhillyPhreak54, April 28, 2022, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

I mentioned in the pre-draft thread I would love this pick and thought they would probably have to leapfrog Baltimore to keep them from landing Davis. The Eagles were mediocre against the run last year and this guy should change that in short order. He wasn't asked to rush the passer at Georgia so it may be a year or two before he fully gets his skills optimized. Although he does have a little of that boom or bust element, ceiling wise he has uncharted potential, like crossing a tiger with an elephant.

SD

https://www.si.com/college/ucf/.amp/university-of-central-florida-football/jordan-davis-nfl-draft

QuoteEven when you just look at his 40-yard dash time by itself, Davis still impresses. This 341-pound man ran faster than numerous NFL stars much smaller than him, including six-time Pro Bowler Calais Campbell (282-pounds), seven-time Pro Bowler Terrell Suggs (265-pounds), and current star defensive end Joey Bosa (269-pounds). Davis even came close to beating a couple of legends that played a skill position, including Larry Fitzgerald (4.63 seconds), Anquan Bolden (4.71 seconds), and even arguably the greatest NFL wide receiver of all-time, Jerry Rice (4.71 seconds).

All in all, Davis is just too good of an athlete for pretty much any team to pass up on. At worst, I believe he will be a solid run-stuffer (think DT Vita Vea of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers), serving as an unsung hero to whichever team is lucky enough to land him. At best? I think he could emerge as the top player to come out of this draft class when we look back at it years later.

The great thing about these individual player threads is they're easy to go back to to see who said what. Put me on record as loving this pick. I think he'll be a top 10 DT year 2 or 3.

Rome

I initially reacted like a dog who'd been hit one too many times by a newspaper.  I've had time to read up more and look into this guy, and hell yes he's impressive physically.  To be that big and fast at the same time is almost unbelievable. 

The one thing that concerns me when it comes to football players is motivation.  Are the guys you're drafting consumed by getting better?  Are they relentless during a game?  Do they have something inside them that drives them to beat the shtein out of everyone they line up against for four quarters?   I'm not talking about retarded "high motor" bullshtein either.  I don't know if Jordan Davis has that inside him but we're gonna find out and soon. 

I hope like hell he does because his physical skills are just otherworldly. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 29, 2022, 08:14:31 AM
The one thing that concerns me when it comes to football players is motivation.  Are the guys you're drafting consumed by getting better?  Are they relentless during a game?  Do they have something inside them that drives them to beat the shtein out of everyone they line up against for four quarters?   I'm not talking about retarded "high motor" bullshtein either.  I don't know if Jordan Davis has that inside him but we're gonna find out and soon. 

Legit concern. I was watching his post draft reaction and he reminded me a bit of Shawn Andrews. Hard to tell what's going on inside a guys head but his ceiling is sky high

ice grillin you

that all important 40 time for a DT....farg his first step
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Everyone has seen the video of him blasting Cam Jurgens halfway to Harrisburg by now. 

His reaction to it is even more impressive.  Defending his teammate and reminding everybody be that he's gotten his ass beat too is exactly the sort of mature, intelligent response that is almost unheard of these days. 

Count me in on this kid going forward. 

QB Eagles

By all accounts Jurgens has looked really good too. One rep of 1:1s against a mountain isn't anything to be ashamed of.

Davis though. This guy is like a landslide hitting the offensive line on running downs. Really excited to see what the Eagles can do with him.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on August 10, 2022, 07:59:10 PM
Everyone has seen the video of him blasting Cam Jurgens halfway to Harrisburg by now. 

His reaction to it is even more impressive.  Defending his teammate and reminding everybody be that he's gotten his ass beat too is exactly the sort of mature, intelligent response that is almost unheard of these days. 

Count me in on this kid going forward.

:yay Breath of fresh air.  So excited about this guy.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

white peoples be loving articulate black doods
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

decent people be loving decent people

nothing wrong with liking this guy's attitude
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

Always scared to open these threads up, everytime they're updated I'm afraid something happened.

Did he play Friday night?  I dvr'd game and will watch when I'm hammered and bored at 1 AM in the next week.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah and was getting triple teamed already

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Diomedes

SD

Quote from: Diomedes on December 03, 2022, 04:43:41 PM
Activated from IR.

Quinn is out. No big loss but they've been using Cox at LDE a lot. There's a logjam at DT: Cox/Hargraves/Williams/Suh/Joseph/Davis...not a horrible problem to have but they're not rotating 6 dts